Lake Forest students set and achieve lofty goals. And the College is here to support them every step of the way.
Lake Forest College students will, as a part of their co-curricular experiences, display innovation, initiative, and courage in the active and intentional pursuit of their personal and professional goals, utilizing the full capacity of their talents and strengths, while highlighting their unique voice and vision, within the immediate, societal, and global community.
- Understand, appreciate and articulate examples of personal success;
- Recognize their primary academic, career, and personal interests and how those interests relate to occupational fields;
- Develop an awareness of their personality, strengths, and values and how they impact long-term decision-making;
- Identify experiential learning opportunities that will help augment necessary skills and qualities and articulate the benefit of those experiences; and
- Demonstrate persistence, curiosity, flexibility, and optimistic risk-taking in their college planning and identify post-graduate priorities to create effective strategies for reaching long-term personal and professional goals.
Students learn to achieve their goals by:
- Starting a club
- Attending a career event
- Meeting with an alumna/us for a mentoring session
- Getting an internship in Chicago
Did you know?
Forbes Magazine’s America’s Best Colleges last year listed Lake Forest College #46 out of 649 colleges and universities in the number of alumni with the highest salaries.
- Virtual Engagement
- Intercultural Relations
- Health and Wellness
- Residence Life
- Diversity and Inclusion Summit
- Gates Center for Leadership and Personal Growth
- Activities and Clubs
- Mohr Student Center
- Recreation, Fitness & Wellbeing