As a business major at Lake Forest College, you’ll have access to one-on-one career support throughout your time here and after graduation. A wealth of career options opens up with a degree in business. We’ll help you pick the path that’s best for you.
Join our business graduates in success
100% of Class of 2021 business majors are pursuing chosen opportunities after graduation. 87.5% reported landing a job within six months of graduation, while the other 12.5% are continuing their education.
Business, Finance, and Data Science Career Pathway Leader
One Major, Multiple Paths
A degree in business can open up a variety of opportunities. Here's a sample of job titles our newest graduates have held in the last five years:
- Associate Product Manager
- Data Consultant
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Equity Research Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Healthcare Recruiter
- Investment Research Rotational Program
- Markets & Securities Analyst
- Research Associate
- Staff Accountant
- Technology Leadership Development Program, Technology Analyst
- Technical Solutions Engineer
Where our graduates land
Our students have completed an internship or landed a job with high-profile organizations in and beyond Chicago.
Our most recent graduates have interned at or joined the ranks of these companies in the last five years:
- Alight Solutions
- Ayco, A Goldman Sachs Company
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- CME Group
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Morningstar Inc
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers
Advancing their studies
Business graduates have also furthered their studies through graduate programs across the country. We set our students up for success so they can enroll in diverse programs such as this sample of degrees pursued by recent graduates:
- MBA (Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University; Loyola University Chicago, The Paul Merage School of Business, University of California; University of Wisconsin Parkside)
- Master of Science in Accountancy (College of William and Mary, University of Notre Dame, DePaul University, Loyola University Chicago)
- MS in Taxation (University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign)
- Master of Finance (Case Western Reserve University, Purdue University)
- Master of Kinesiology and Recreation (Illinois State University)
- Juris Doctor (University of Michigan Ann Arbor)
A Lake Forest College education is built for the future. All students are equipped with the most sought-after professional skills: writing, speaking, critical thinking, and an understanding of human society and cultures. Our interdisciplinary curriculum sets our graduates apart as competitive and uniquely qualified candidates who are eager to take on the challenges presented in today's professional world. Learn more about how our students turn their passions into a career on our Success Stories and Outcomes page.
These journeys aren't the only way to make it at Lake Forest College. Our career pathways offer a multitude of different ways to take advantage of the education here as well as the opportunities after graduation.
Like what you see?
Arrange a campus visit to see what Lake Forest has to offer in person. You'll be able to talk with professors, students, and get a taste for what Lake Forest has to offer your career.