Our Forester Flagship Program provides qualified in-state first-year and transfer students with 100% of the College’s tuition covered in grants and scholarships.
Students who qualify for the Forester Flagship program will need to meet the following criteria:
- You’re eligible for the Federal Pell Grant
- You submit your FAFSA before the State-established deadline for MAP Grant consideration.
- You’re a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- You’re an Illinois resident (parents listed on the FAFSA are also Illinois residents)
- You must live on-campus for the entirety of your college career
How do I apply?
Here are two easy steps to get started:
- Submit your application for admission to Lake Forest College
- Complete your FAFSA, and include our Federal Code, 001706.
You will be notified via email if you are a recipient of the award. Your deposit to enroll counts as acceptance of your award.
Frequently Asked Questions
Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who display exceptional financial need and have not earned a bachelor’s degree. "Exceptional financial need" is demonstrated by the expected family contribution ("EFC"), calculated by your FAFSA. For the 2023-2024 academic year, students qualify with an EFC of 6206 or less.
The Forester Flagship Program is renewable for a total of four years, (eight semesters of continuous enrollment), for new first-year students and for up to three years, (six semesters of continuous enrollment), for new transfer students as long as you continue to meet the following renewal criteria.
- You must submit a FAFSA by December 1 prior to each academic year
- You and your parent(s) must continue to be Illinois residents
- You must maintain a satisfactory academic status
- You must remain eligible for the Federal Pell Grant and Illinois MAP Grant
You must continue to live on campus.
- First-Year Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Admitted Students
- Connect With Your Admissions Counselor
- Visit Campus
- Financial Aid
- High School Counselors
- Community College Counselors
FINANCIAL AID STAFF
Si necesita hablar con alguien en español en la oficina de ayuda financiera, usted puede llamar a Adriana Rodriguez.