COVID-19 precautions and policies are in place to ensure the health and safety of our campus community. Information can be found on our main COVID-19 page

Financial Aid

Need-Based Aid

Both the College and the federal government believe that each family should contribute what they can toward college costs.

This amount is often referred to as the “expected family contribution” (EFC) and is determined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please note that the EFC reported on your FAFSA is not a literal figure, so it does not reflect the amount you will actually need to pay.

The FAFSA is used to apply for need-based aid (grants, loans, work-study) if you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. It allows us to determine if you qualify for aid from the College, federal government and your state.

If the amount you pay for college will be a factor in deciding where you enroll, we recommend that you complete the FAFSA even if you do not think you will qualify, and even if you have not yet been admitted.

  • General Notes about the FAFSA:

    • The web address is
    • Our Federal School Code is 001706.
    • The FAFSA is not required if you are applying only for scholarships.
    • Applications received late will be accepted, but available funding may be less.

  • If your expected family contribution is less than the cost of one year of college, you have “financial need” and may qualify for “need-based” financial aid. Here is a simple equation to demonstrate:

    Cost of School - Family Contribution = Financial Need

    Need-based financial aid is available in three categories, described below. Other details are found by clicking the link.

    • Grants - “Free money” that does not have to be repaid
    • Loans - Money borrowed by the student or parent, repaid over several years
    • Work-Study - Money earned by working part-time during the year, usually on campus