- Bloodshot Records
- Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp
- Chicago Dance & Music Alliance
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Chicago Humanities Festival
- El Sistema Chicago/People’s Music School
- Illinois Arts Council
- Lake Forest Symphony Orchestra
- Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Paragon Studios, Inc.
- Ravinia Festival
- Circle Pines Center
Music students at Lake Forest explore the musicians they are and will become. Through opera or hip hop, violin or harmonica, students collaborate with professors whose own interests range from world music to electronica.
With our flexible curriculum, music majors can focus their studies toward performance, theory, composition, history, or combine all of it—and our accomplished professors encourage experimentation and creative expression.
Chicago’s Cultural Richness
Our close proximity to Chicago can’t be beat—with the Lyric Opera, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, and numerous jazz, blues, folk, and house music venues nearby, there are many opportunities for music enjoyment, study, and internships. Music education majors have access to a broad range of urban and suburban schools for student teaching and internships.
- Women’s Choir
- Concert Choir
- Concert Band
- Concert Orchestra
- West African Drumming Ensemble
- Jazz Ensemble
- Experimental Music Group
- Chamber Ensembles
You don’t need to be a music major to join an ensemble!
We have active Chicago professionals teaching our private lessons in voice and instruments.
- Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass (both acoustic and electric)
- Winds: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Saxophone
- Brass: Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba
- Percussion: Marimba, Xylophone, Snare Drum, Bass Drum, Set
- Keyboards: Piano, Jazz Piano, Organ
- Other Instruments: Classical Guitar, Blues/Jazz Guitar, Harmonica, Ukulele, Harp
- Voice, Improvisation, Accompanying
- K-12 music education
- Music therapy
- Freelance performing and composing in many genres
- Recording studios
- Private studio teaching
- Music publishing
- Business administration
- Research and development
- Graduate School in Music, English, Education, Medicine, and Library Science