Because of our close ties to Chicago’s cultural institutions, students pursue internships with organizations like the Alliance Française and the Chicago Latino Film Festival. Academic excursions to immigrant neighborhoods like Chinatown and Pilsen, allow students to meet and learn from native speakers.
Modern Languages and Literatures
We offer coursework in Arabic, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish as well as occasional courses in Italian and Portuguese. Most language majors and minors enhance their linguistic and cultural knowledge by taking advantage of the College’s numerous options to study and complete internships abroad.
- Public health, environmental protection, sustainable agriculture (Senegal)
- BNP Paribas, Paris (marketing and technology)
- CIEE Global Internship Program (Paris)
- Teaching assistantships (Seville, Spain)
- The Tandana Foundation/ Otaralo (Ecuador)
- Economics and Finance internships (Beijing)
- Communication and Journalism internships (Beijing)
- La Délégation du Québec or Alliance Française (Chicago)
- Waukegan Public Library or Waukegan to College association
- Lake County Health Clinic
- Domestic Violence Legal Clinic (Chicago)
- Service learning in teaching, hospitals, social work (Jordan, Latin America, France, Spain)
Thanks to our close ties to Chicago’s cultural institutions, students may pursue internships with the Chicago Latino Film Festival, the Alliance Française, the Quebec Government Office, and many other sites. Academic excursions to immigrant neighborhoods like Chinatown and Pilsen provide enhanced cultural connections.
We support cultural and linguistic immersion, through a variety of study abroad options in many countries, often with internships. Lake Forest has off-campus opportunities in over 70 countries.