As a finance major at Lake Forest College, you’ll have access to one-on-one career support throughout and after graduation. A wealth of career options opens up with a degree in finance. We’ll help you pick the path that’s best for you.
Join our finance graduates in success
100% of Class of 2021 finance majors are pursuing chosen opportunities within 6 months after graduation. 91% reported landing a job within six months of graduation, while the other 9% are continuing their education.
Business, Finance, and Data Science Career Pathway Leader
One Major, Multiple Paths
A degree in finance can open up a variety of opportunities. Here's a sample of job titles our newest graduates have held in the last five years:
- Accounting Specialist
- Accounts Receivable Analyst
- Analytic Consultant
- Executive Compensation Consultant
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Development Rotational Program Associate
- Investment Analyst
- Management Consultant
- Quantitative Modeling and Analytics Rotational Analyst
- Sales and Trading Analyst
- Treasury Analyst
- Venture Capital Associate
Where our graduates land
Our students have completed an internship or landed a job with high-profile organizations in and beyond Chicago. Our most recent graduates have interned at or joined the ranks of these companies in the last five years:
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- BMO Harris
- CME Group
- Ernst and Young
- Goldman Sachs
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Morgan Stanley
- Morningstar Inc
- Pepsi Co
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers
Advancing their studies
Finance graduates have also furthered their studies through graduate programs across the country. We set our students up for success so they can enroll in diverse programs such as this sample of degrees pursued by recent graduates:
- MBA (University of Wisconsin-Madison, Loyola University Chicago, UMass Global)
- Master of Science in Accountancy (College of William and Mary, University of Notre Dame, Loyola University Chicago, DePaul University)
- Master of Finance (Case Western Reserve University, University of Texas at Dallas)
- Juris Doctor (University of Iowa, Louisiana State University)
A Lake Forest College education is built for the future. All students are equipped with the most sought-after professional skills: writing, speaking, critical thinking, and an understanding of human society and cultures. Our interdisciplinary curriculum sets our graduates apart as competitive and uniquely qualified candidates who are eager to take on the challenges presented in today's professional world. Learn more about how our students turn their passions into a career on our Success Stories and Outcomes page.
Lake Forest prepared me for my career path by the providing a number of resources to assist me in my college journey. Participating in the Loop Program gave me the opportunity to live in the city while interning at BMO, helping me understand how that transition will be after college.
Jaronn Correll '23, Corporate Banking Analyst at BMO Capital Markets
These journeys aren't the only way to make it at Lake Forest College. Our career pathways offer a multitude of different ways to take advantage of the education here as well as the opportunities after graduation.
Like what you see?
Arrange a campus visit to see what Lake Forest has to offer in person. You'll be able to talk with professors, students, and get a taste for what Lake Forest has to offer your career.