The FSA ID serves as an electronic signature for federal financial aid items (FAFSA, loan applications), and is used to access Federal Student Aid’s online systems.
NOTE: each student and at least one parent needs his/her own FSA ID. Parents may use the same FSA ID for multiple family members.
An FSA ID will allow you to:
- electroncially sign the FAFSA
- access your financial aid application (FAFSA) data
- make corrections to the FAFSA at a later time
- access your financial aid history
- access and electronically sign your federal loan master promissory note, deferment and forbearance forms
Apply for an FSA ID. See “Helpful Links” on the right.
Is your FAFSA not signed? Click here.
Notes about your FSA ID
- Your FSA ID stays the same from year to year
- Your parent’s FSA ID may be used for different children.
Need Help With Your FSA ID?
- Call the Federal Student Aid Information Center, 800-433-3243
- Call the Office of Financial Aid, 847-735-5103
Both student and parent need his/her own FSA ID!
- First-Year Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Admitted Students
- Meet Your Counselor
- Visit Campus
- Financial Aid
- High School Counselors
- Community College Counselors