COVID-19 precautions and policies are in place to ensure the health and safety of our campus community. Information can be found on our main COVID-19 page

Financial Aid for Undocumented Students

Students who are neither U.S. citizens nor permanent residents may be eligible for funding from the College, the State of Illinois, and private sources. This page provides links to and details about securing such funding.

Lake Forest Scholarships

Unless noted otherwise, undocumented students are eligible for the scholarships found on our Scholarships Page

Lake Forest Grant

Grants are similar to scholarships -you do not repay them- but a grant is “need-based” so it considers your family’s resources. To apply, complete the application matching your status and academic year.

Total Lake Forest Funding

Students enrolling for the first time in the fall of 2020 may receive grant and scholarship funds totaling up to $40,000.

You can expect to receive similar aid each year if your academic performance is consistent with the standards of the College. An annual application is not required.


Work-Study is an opportunity to have a part-time job on campus, and is funded by the College. In most cases the amount offered is up to $2,500 per year, though this is not guaranteed. To qualify, you must: (1) have DACA status, and (2) show financial need (Complete the application matching your status), and (3) have an employment authorization document.

Private Student Loans

Loans may be available if you have a credit-worthy co-signor who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The College is not a lender.  View some of the loan options.

Undocumented Illinois Residents 

As noted under “State of Illinois Grant” in the middle of this page, Illinois residents who meet ALL criteria below may be eligible to apply for certain Illinois financial aid programs by completing the application listed above.

  • resided with his or her parent or guardian while attending an Illinois public or private high school; and
  • graduated from a public or private high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in Illinois; and
  • attended school in Illinois for at least three years as of the date he or she graduated from high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma; and
  • provides an affidavit stating that he or she will file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States at the earliest opportunity the individual is eligible to do so; and
  • has not established a residence outside of Illinois

Here are two helpful videos:   General Overview   Completing the Application 

We are currently accepting first-year and transfer applications for Spring 2022 and Fall 2022!

Contact Financial Aid

Phone and Fax

Patterson Lodge, 2nd Floor
Middle Campus, Map

8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Financial Aid Staff

Jerry Cebrzynski
Associate Vice President for Financial Aid

Mark Anderson
Associate Director

Adriana Rodriguez
Associate Director for Financial Aid Operations

Si necesita hablar con alguien en español en la oficina de ayuda financiera, usted puede llamar a Adriana Rodriguez.