Even after they graduate, our 14,000-plus alumni continue to be actively involved with Lake Forest College and its students—both on and off campus. After all, they’re Foresters forever.
Forester alumni serve as mentors for current students, as volunteer tutors in the Writing Center, and speakers on career panels for the Center for Chicago Programs and the Career Advancement Center. They host students in their homes or Chicago offices for pizza and networking. They are members of our Forester Athletic Network (F.A.N.) Club and attend Forester sporting events.
They love Lake Forest College and the opportunities it presented to them, so they make every effort to keep their Forester spirit pumping by giving students access to experiences that enhance their liberal arts education.
Homecoming and Reunion Weekend
- Steve Goodman ’70, Grammy award-winning folk singer, writer of “Go, Cubs, Go”
- Allan Carr ’58, producer of the movie Grease, Tony Award winner
- Diana Nyad ’73, world-record distance swimmer and sports commentator
- James C. Foster ’72, chairman and CEO of Charles River Laboratories, Inc., 2003 Forbes Magazine Entrepreneur of the Year
- Marsha E. Barnes ’69, U.S. Ambassador to Suriname
- Sig Gissler ’56, administrator of the Pulitzer Prizes
- Richard Armstrong ’71, director of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and Foundation
- Kelly Leonard ’88, producer at Second City
- Kahil El’Zabar ’77, internationally renown musician and composer