If you completed the FAFSA but did not include Lake Forest, you will need to add us to the list of colleges before we can determine your financial aid eligibility.
1. Go to www.fafsa.gov and log in and select the correct academic year.
2. Click on the “Edit FAFSA Form”
3. Click on the words “School Selection” near the top of the screen.
4. Click on "Search by Federal School Code" then enter our Federal School Code: 001706
5. Click on "Search" then confirm Lake Forest as your choice.
6. Enter your housing plans.
7. Make any other corrections (if necessary) then click Sign & Submit (top right) and follow signing requirements.
8. Click on "Sign and Submit FAFSA Form"
9. If you do not see a confirmation page, the change was not submitted.
10. You will most likely receive two emails: the first confirms the changes were received; the second, in 1-3 days, confirms the correction was processed.
>> Note: if you remove one college/university in order to add Lake Forest to your FAFSA, the school you removed will still have access to the original FAFSA you released to them. They will not, however, have access to any subsequent changes you make. Contact the Federal Student Aid Center (below) or our office if you have questions.
Need Help With Your FAFSA?
- Use the online help available from each page of the FAFSA site
- Federal Student Aid Info Center 800-433-3243 or 319-337-5665
- Call the Office of Financial Aid, 847-735-5010 or -5103.
- First-Year Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Admitted Students
- Meet Your Counselor
- Visit Campus
- Financial Aid
- High School Counselors
- Community College Counselors
Federal School Code: 001706
Si necesita hablar con alguien en español en la oficina de ayuda financiera, usted puede llamar a Adriana Rodriguez.