- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/48737_IMG_9636.rev.1541712259.jpg)"/>
College and Major
BA – English Literature and Creative Writing (Poetry)
Minors – Sociology and Anthropology
Rhodes College in Memphis, TN
Working for the College since
My life before Lake Forest
Before joining the Lake Forest Admissions team, I completed my master’s at Northwestern University School of Education and Social Policy, and held graduate assistantships at three higher education institutions in Chicago.
One word or phrase to describe myself
Top three reasons I would choose to attend Lake Forest College
- Commitment to community: Lake Forest College is a community that is diverse and vibrant. All members of this community come together to make the campus, Lake Forest, and Chicago a wonderful place to live, study, and explore.
- Support: Not only does the Lake Forest College community become a second family to its students, faculty, and staff, it also becomes a support system for all who have the opportunity to be part of this community. Lake Forest College gives its community the room to grow and develop, and to be successful in challenging moments.
- Location: Not only is the Campus and nature surrounding Lake Forest absolutely beautiful, but the special connection Lake Forest College has to downtown Chicago makes Lake Forest College the perfect place to get the best of both worlds.
What character traits do I appreciate in an applicant?
Openness! College is exciting, and I hope that applicants feel that excitement and are open-minded as they research schools, go on campus visits, and make the most of their interactions with their counselors. Lake Forest College is a place to create and share your story.
What makes the College unique?
Lake Forest College is a place that values the liberal arts and sciences, and these educational values positively impact the community students form and the opportunities they are able to take advantage of while at the College. At Lake Forest, students are able to pursue their passions regardless of what they may be, and their development is truly holistic and interdisciplinary.
Tip for the college search
Reflect on what college means to you, and what values or characteristics you would like to see in the perfect school for you. When you find the right school, you’ll know!
Hint for success
Explore! College is an opportunity to develop yourself personally, academically, and professionally. You get to learn more about who you are, what your values and passions are, and what drives you. Be open to change as you grow, and take advantage of the world around you.
Favorite activity in Chicago
I love museums! Chicago has a rich history and culture surrounding music, art, food, and social movements. There are many museums throughout the city that can share these brilliant histories and cultures with you.
Favorite place in the town of Lake Forest
The beach is a short walk from Campus, and I love sitting at the lake with a good book.
Fun fact to share
I like to read and write poetry. If you need any book/author suggestions, I always have a few!