Lake Forest College is affiliated with Rosalind Franklin University for the 3-2 MS in PA program.
RFUMS will consider for admission into the Physician Assistant program LFC students who meet the Admission Requirements, consistent with the Admission Procedures, each of which is described below.
- You are successfully progressing towards completion of a Bachelor of Arts degree from Lake Forest and will have completed all prerequisite courses by time of matriculation into RFUMS
- You have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 for all science coursework and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.2.
- You have shadowing and patient care experience that meets the requirements for HPP students.
- You have a positive recommendation from the Lake Forest College Pre-Health Advising Committee through successful participation in the prerequisite coursework and the Health Professions Program offered in partnership between LFC and RFUMS.
- They have met or will prior to matriculation have met all other admissions requirements for the Physician Assistant program as outlined in the RFUMS catalogue at time of application to RFUMS, with the exception of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) requirement for students requesting Early Decision or Accelerated Matriculation, as explained below.
- Early Decision Regular Decision – the applicant may ask for an admissions decision early, during their freshman or sophomore year at LFC (early decision), or they may wait and apply during the cycle before their matriculation (regular decision).
- Accelerated Matriculation Regular Matriculation – the applicant may matriculate into RFU at the end of their third year at LFC (accelerated matriculation), or at the end of their fourth year at LFC (regular matriculation).
- At the start of each academic year, Lake Forest College will provide RFUMS with the number of students and year of anticipated matriculation for both the early and the regular decision timeline who have indicated their intent to apply for the Physician Assistant program at RFUMS.
- LFC HPP students will fill out a special application to the RFU Physician Assistant Program to request an Early Decision, or to apply for Accelerated Matriculation.
- LFC HPP students will fill out the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) application to request a Regular Decision or to apply for Regular Matriculation
- When the RFU Physician Assistant program offers a letter of offer to LFC HPP students in the Early Decision process, it will be a conditional letter describing the expected academic performance, healthcare experience, and professionalism during the final years at LFC.
- All LFC HPP students who are given a letter of offer through the Early Decision process must still complete a CASPA application in the cycle prior to their matriculation at RFU, even though they already have this letter of offer. (Fulfillment of this requirement is in keeping with RFUMS’ agreement with CASPA and allows for inclusion of the applicants data in the national data pool).
Regular Matriculation (Four years at Lake Forest College)
You pursue and complete any major at the College and you must complete the HPP program, the college’s FFC requirements, and prerequisite courses for the RFU degree program.
Accelerated Matriculation (Three years at Lake Forest College)
You should pursue the majors listed below for which suggested curriculum pathways are detailed below. Additionally you must complete the college’s FFC requirements, and prerequisite courses for the RFU degree program.
- Join the Health Professions Program
- Course Recommendations
Dual Degree Programs and Affiliations
- Prerequisite Courses for RFUMS Dual-Degree Program
- DePaul University School of Nursing
- Rush University College of Nursing
- Rosalind Franklin University College of Pharmacy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Rosalind Franklin University Physician Assistant Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Biomedical Sciences Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Clinical Counseling Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Medical School
- Midwestern University Doctor of Optometry
- How to Find Your Advisor
- Pre-Health Advising Committee
- Preparing for a Career in Pre-Health
- Student Research and Internships
- Success Stories
- Join Future Health Professionals