Lake Forest College is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center for the Generalist Entry Master (GEM) with a focus in Clinical Leadership.
Students must complete the following for consideration:
- A letter of recommendation from the chair of pre-health advising.
- Students must have completed all of the prerequisite course work, below, before the application is submitted.
- Overall minimum 3.0 GPA (or acceptable GRE scores) and minimum 3.0 GPA for prerequisite courses.
- An acceptable interview at Rush.
Along with the above requirements, no more than nine months may have lapsed between the student being enrolled and seeking enrollment into Rush.
Students must also be a graduate of Lake Forest College and have a minimum of three years from Lake Forest and have completed all prerequisite courses listed at Lake Forest, or have at least two years of credit from Lake Forest and three of the four required prerequisites completed at Lake Forest or another 4 year college or university.
Prerequisite Courses taken at Lake Forest College must be completed with a grade of C or better (and with an average GPA of 3.0 or better).
- CHEM 115: Chemistry I with lab
- BIOL 208: Human Anatomy with lab
- BIOL 323: Microbiology with lab
- BIOL 340: Animal Physiology with lab
Other recommended courses: MATH 150: Probability & Statistics (or PSYC 221), PSYC 110: Intro to Psychological Science, PSYC 210: Developmental Psychology, SOAN 110: Intro to Sociology and Anthropology, English, and Spanish.
Not sure if nursing is for you?
Rush University Medical Center offers “Shadow A Nurse” program, where you can shadow a nurse or a nurse practitioner. Currently the only requirement is to attend the Rush University College of Nursing information session offered every second Wednesday of each month. Shadow a Nurse at Rush
In order to be considered under our affiliation, you must notify the
Pre-Health Advising Chair.
- Join the Health Professions Program
- Course Recommendations
Dual Degree Programs and Affiliations
- Prerequisite Courses for RFUMS Dual-Degree Program
- DePaul University School of Nursing (4-2 BA-MSN Dual Degree Program)
- Rush University College of Nursing (4-2 BA-MSN Dual Degree Program)
- Rosalind Franklin University College of Pharmacy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Rosalind Franklin University Physician Assistant Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Biomedical Sciences Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Clinical Counseling Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Medical School
- Midwestern University Doctor of Optometry
- How to Find Your Advisor
- Pre-Health Advising Committee
- Preparing for a Career in Pre-Health
- Student Research and Internships
- Success Stories
- Join Future Health Professionals
- Pre-Health Program Sheet
Karen E. Kirk
Professor of Biology
Pre-Health Advising Committee