Lake Forest College is affiliated with the Rosalind Franklin University College of Pharmacy for the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program.
RFUMS will consider for admission into the Doctor of Pharmacy program LFC students who meet the Admissions Requirements, consistent with the Admissions Procedures, each of which is described below.
- You are successfully progressing towards completion of a bachelor’s degree from LFC and will have completed all pre-pharmacy courses by time of matriculation into RFUMS.
- If applying for a regular decision, you have a minimum grade point average of 2.50 in all pre-pharmacy prerequisite courses; and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50. If applying for an early decision, you have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 in all mathematics and science prerequisite courses in the pre-pharmacy curriculum; and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00.
- You have a positive recommendation from the Lake Forest College Pre-Health Advising Committee through successful participation in the pre-pharmacy coursework and the Health Professions Program offered in partnership between LFC and RFUMS.
- You have met or will prior to matriculation have met all other admissions requirements for the Doctor of Pharmacy program as outlined in the University catalog at time of application to RFUMS with the exception of the PCAT requirement, which will be waived.
- Early Decision Regular Decision – the applicant may ask for an admissions decision early, during their freshman or sophomore year at LFC (early decision), or they may wait and apply during the cycle before their matriculation (regular decision).
- Accelerated Matriculation Regular Matriculation – the applicant may matriculate into RFU at the end of their third year at LFC (accelerated matriculation), or at the end of their fourth year at LFC (regular matriculation).
- At the start of each academic year, Lake Forest College will provide RFUMS with the number of students and year of anticipated matriculation for both the early and the regular decision timeline who have indicated their intent to apply for the Doctor of Pharmacy program at RFUMS.
- LFC Health Professions Program (HPP) students will fill out the Health Professions Program short application, accessible via RFU, to indicate their intention of applying to the RFU Doctor of Pharmacy program in the current or a future application cycle, regardless of decision and matriculation type.
- LFC HPP students will also complete the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) application, regardless of decision and matriculation type.
- All LFC HPP students who meet the admission requirements described above and apply to the Doctor of Pharmacy program will be invited to participate in an admissions interview during either the early admission cycle or for regular admission, during the typical application cycle.
- When the Doctor of Pharmacy program offers admission to LFC HPP students, all offers are conditional, pending the completion of any and all matriculation requirements.
Regular Matriculation (Four years at Lake Forest College)
You pursue and complete any major at the College and you must complete the HPP program, the college's FFC requirements, and prerequisite courses for the RFU degree program.
Accelerated Matriculation (Three years at Lake Forest College)
You should pursue the majors listed below for which suggested curriculum pathways are detailed below. Additionally you must complete the college’s FFC requirements, and prerequisite courses for the RFU degree program.
- Join the Health Professions Program
- Course Recommendations
Dual Degree Programs and Affiliations
- 2023-24 HPP LFC-RFU Pathway Application Process
- Prerequisite Courses for RFUMS Dual-Degree Program
- DePaul University School of Nursing (4-2 BA-MSN Dual Degree Program)
- Rush University College of Nursing (4-2 BA-MSN Dual Degree Program)
- Washington University Dual-Degree Engineering program
- Rosalind Franklin University College of Pharmacy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Rosalind Franklin University Physician Assistant Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Biomedical Sciences Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Clinical Counseling Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Master of Science in Nursing (3+2, 4+2)
- Rosalind Franklin University Master of Science in Nursing (2+2+2)
- Rosalind Franklin University Medical School
- Midwestern University Doctor of Dentistry
- Midwestern University Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Midwestern University Doctor of Optometry
- Midwestern University Doctor of Psychology
- Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine DO Program
- Aurora University Masters of Science in Athletic Training
- How to Find Your Advisor
- Pre-Health Advising Committee
- Preparing for a Career in Pre-Health
- Student Research and Internships
- Success Stories
- Join Future Health Professionals
- Pre-Health Program Sheet
Assistant Professor of Biology
Chair, Pre-Health Advising Committee
Director of Health Professions Program and Nursing Pathways Program