Lake Forest College is affiliated with Rosalind Franklin University for the 3-3 Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program.
RFUMS will consider for admission into the DPT all LFC students who meet the Admissions Requirements, consistent with the Admissions Procedures, each of which is described below.
- You are successfully progressing towards completion of a Bachelor degree from Lake Forest and will have completed all pre-physical therapy prerequisite courses with a grade of C or better by time of matriculation into RFUMS.
- You have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 for all science coursework including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Anatomy/ Physiology; and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.2.
- You have a positive recommendation from the Lake Forest College Pre-Health Advising Committee through successful participation in the pre-PT coursework and the Health Professions Program offered in partnership between LFC and RFUMS.
- You have met or will prior to matriculation all other admissions requirements for the Physical Therapy program as outlined in the University catalog at time of application to RFUMS with the exception of the Graduate Record Examination requirement, which will bewaived
- At the start of each academic year, Lake Forest College will provide RFUMS with the number of students and year of anticipated application for both early (following completion of Year 1 or 2 at LFC) and standard admission (following completion of Year 3 at LFC) to RFUMS who have indicated intent to apply for admission to the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree at RFUMS. Both types of admission will apply to traditional program (4+3) and accelerated program (3+3) enrollment. Accelerated enrollment candidates (3+3) must engage in early admission consideration.
- All Lake Forest students seeking admission to the physical therapy program at RFUMS shall be required to submit a full application through the Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service during the application cycle for desired matriculation year in which a student would begin coursework at RFUMS. (Fulfillment of this requirement is in keeping with RFUMS’ agreement with the centralized service and allows for final review of the candidate’s requirements).
- All Lake Forest students seeking admission to the Doctor of Physical Therapy who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be invited to participate in an on-campus interview during either the early admission cycle or for standard admission, during the typical application cycle.
Regular Matriculation (Four years at Lake Forest College)
You pursue and complete any major at the College and you must complete the HPP program, the college's FFC requirements, and prerequisite courses for the RFU degree program.
Accelerated Matriculation (Three years at Lake Forest College)
You should pursue the majors listed below for which suggested curriculum pathways are detailed below. Additionally you must complete the college’s FFC requirements, and prerequisite courses for the RFU degree program.
- Join the Health Professions Program
- Course Recommendations
Dual Degree Programs and Affiliations
- 2022-23 HPP LFC-RFU Pathway Application Process
- Prerequisite Courses for RFUMS Dual-Degree Program
- DePaul University School of Nursing (4-2 BA-MSN Dual Degree Program)
- Rush University College of Nursing (4-2 BA-MSN Dual Degree Program)
- Rosalind Franklin University College of Pharmacy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Rosalind Franklin University Physician Assistant Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Biomedical Sciences Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Clinical Counseling Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Master of Science in Nursing (3+2, 4+2)
- Rosalind Franklin University Master of Science in Nursing (2+2+2)
- Rosalind Franklin University Medical School
- Midwestern University Doctor of Dentistry
- Midwestern University Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Midwestern University Doctor of Optometry
- Midwestern University Doctor of Psychology
- How to Find Your Advisor
- Pre-Health Advising Committee
- Preparing for a Career in Pre-Health
- Student Research and Internships
- Success Stories
- Join Future Health Professionals
- Pre-Health Program Sheet