RFUMS will consider for admission into the pre-licensure MSN degree program, students who meet the Admissions Requirements, consistent with the Admissions Procedures, each of which is described below.
- Admissions Requirements from Lake Forest College - Lake Forest students will be eligible to apply for admission in accordance with the following:
- Demonstrate successful progression towards completion of a bachelor’s degree from Lake Forest and will have completed significant studies in areas such as biology, physiology, and microbiology, as specified in Appendix A, by the time of matriculation into RFUMS.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 and a prerequisite grade point average of 3.0.
- Have a positive recommendation from the Lake Forest College pre-nursing faculty through successful participation in the major coursework.
- Have met, or will meet prior to matriculation, all other admissions requirements for the MSN degree program for pre-licensure candidates as outlined in the University catalog at the time of application to RFUMS with the exception of the Graduate Record Examination requirement, which will be waived, unless the cumulative or prerequisite GPA is below the minimum specified in 1.b above.
- Admission Requirements from High School - High school students will be invited to apply for conditional admission into Rosalind Franklin University’s nursing program in accordance with the following:
- Earn acceptance to Lake Forest College.
- Achieve 3.5/4.0 or higher cumulative GPA in high school academic coursework or its equivalency.
- Complete three or more years of science, including Biology and Chemistry, with a cumulative B average or its equivalency.
- Complete four years of English, including at least one, year-long writing-intensive class, with a cumulative B average or its equivalency.
- Complete Advanced Algebra with a cumulative B average or its equivalency.
- Submit additional information including, but not limited to, Health Professions Program short application, essays, and recommendation.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview in accordance with the Admissions Procedures below.
The admission procedures will be based on two separate conditions selected by the applicant.
- Early Decision Regular Decision - The applicant may ask for an admissions decision during her/his senior year of high school or freshman or sophomore year at LFC (early decision); or, they may wait and apply during the cycle before their matriculation (regular decision).
- Accelerated Matriculation Regular Matriculation – The applicant may matriculate into RFUMS at the end of their third year at Lake Forest (accelerated matriculation), or at the end of their fourth year at Lake Forest (standard matriculation).
- At the start of each academic year, Lake Forest will provide RFUMS with the number of students and year of anticipated application for both early and regular admission to RFUMS who have indicated their intent to apply for admission to the MSN degree program at RFUMS.
- Lake Forest pre-nursing students will fill out the Health Professions Program short application, accessible via RFUMS, to indicate their intention of applying to the MSN degree program for pre-licensure candidates in the current or a future application cycle, regardless of decision and matriculation type.
- All Lake Forest students seeking admission to the MSN degree at RFUMS shall be required to submit a full application through a centralized application service during the application cycle for desired matriculation year in which a student would begin coursework at RFUMS.
- All students seeking admission to the MSN degree program for pre-licensure candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be invited to participate in an on-campus interview during either the early admission or regular admission cycle, during the typical application cycle. All candidates seeking early admission to the Program must satisfactorily complete annual joint program reviews.
- Final decisions on admission are the sole responsibility of RFUMS. Furthermore, when the MSN degree program offers admission to Lake Forest students, all offers are conditional, pending the completion of all matriculation requirements. Furthermore, admission does not imply graduation or licensure. Similarly, licensure requirements are subject to change and can vary by location.
- Join the Health Professions Program
- Course Recommendations
Dual Degree Programs and Affiliations
- 2022-23 HPP LFC-RFU Pathway Application Process
- Prerequisite Courses for RFUMS Dual-Degree Program
- DePaul University School of Nursing (4-2 BA-MSN Dual Degree Program)
- Rush University College of Nursing (4-2 BA-MSN Dual Degree Program)
- Rosalind Franklin University College of Pharmacy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Rosalind Franklin University Physician Assistant Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Biomedical Sciences Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Clinical Counseling Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Master of Science in Nursing (3+2, 4+2)
- Rosalind Franklin University Master of Science in Nursing (2+2+2)
- Rosalind Franklin University Medical School
- Midwestern University Doctor of Dentistry
- Midwestern University Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Midwestern University Doctor of Optometry
- Midwestern University Doctor of Psychology
- How to Find Your Advisor
- Pre-Health Advising Committee
- Preparing for a Career in Pre-Health
- Student Research and Internships
- Success Stories
- Join Future Health Professionals
- Pre-Health Program Sheet