Lake Forest College is affiliated with the Rosalind Franklin University Master of Science in Clinical Counseling Program.
RFUMS will consider for admission into the Master of Science in Clinical Counseling program LFC students who meet the Admissions Requirements, consistent with the Admissions Procedures, each of which is described below.
- You are successfully progressing towards completion of a bachelor’s degree from Lake Forest and will have completed significant studies in areas such as psychology and sociology by time of matriculation into RFUMS.
- You have a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants applying for accelerated matriculation must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in the prerequisite courses specified in Appendix A. All grade point averages are calculated by the RFU Centralized Application Service (RFUCAS).
- You have a positive recommendation from the Lake Forest College through successful participation in the major coursework and the Health Professions Program (HPP) offered in partnership between LFC and RFUMS.
- You have met or will prior to matriculation have met all other admissions requirements for the masters in Clinical Counseling program as outlined in the University catalogue at time of application to RFUMS with the exception of the Graduate Record Examination requirement, which will be waived.
- Early Decision Regular Decision – the applicant may ask for an admissions decision early, during their freshman or sophomore year at LFC (early decision), or they may wait and apply during the cycle before their matriculation (regular decision).
- Accelerated Matriculation Regular Matriculation – the applicant may matriculate into RFU at the end of their third year at LFC (accelerated matriculation), or at the end of their fourth year at LFC (regular matriculation).
- At the start of each academic year, Lake Forest College will provide RFUMS with the number of students and year of anticipated application for both early and regular admission to RFUMS who have indicated their intent to apply for admission to the Master of Science in Clinical Counseling degree at RFUMS.
- LFC HPP students will fill out the Health Professions Program short application, accessible via RFU, to indicate their intention of applying to the masters in Clinical Counseling program in the current or a future application cycle, regardless of decision and matriculation type.
- All Lake Forest students seeking admission to the Clinical Counseling program at RFUMS shall be required to submit a full application through the RFU Centralized Application Service (RFUCAS) during the application cycle for desired matriculation year in which a student would begin coursework at RFUMS.
- All Lake Forest students seeking admission to the Master of Science in Clinical Counseling who meet the above mentioned requirements will be invited to participate in an on-campus interview during either the early admission or regular admission cycle, during the typical application cycle.
- When the Master of Science in Clinical Counseling program offers admission to LFC HPP students, all offers are conditional, pending the completion of any and all matriculation requirements. Furthermore, admission does not imply graduation or licensure. Similarly, licensure requirements are subject to change and can vary by location.
Regular Matriculation (Four years at Lake Forest College)
You pursue and complete any major at the College and you must complete the HPP program, the college’s FFC requirements, and prerequisite courses for the RFU degree program.
Accelerated Matriculation (Three years at Lake Forest College)
You should pursue the majors listed below for which suggested curriculum pathways are detailed below. Additionally you must complete the college’s FFC requirements, and prerequisite courses for the RFU degree program.
- Join the Health Professions Program
- Course Recommendations
Dual Degree Programs and Affiliations
- 2022-23 HPP LFC-RFU Pathway Application Process
- Prerequisite Courses for RFUMS Dual-Degree Program
- DePaul University School of Nursing (4-2 BA-MSN Dual Degree Program)
- Rush University College of Nursing (4-2 BA-MSN Dual Degree Program)
- Rosalind Franklin University College of Pharmacy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Rosalind Franklin University Physician Assistant Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Biomedical Sciences Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Clinical Counseling Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Master of Science in Nursing (3+2, 4+2)
- Rosalind Franklin University Master of Science in Nursing (2+2+2)
- Rosalind Franklin University Medical School
- Midwestern University Doctor of Dentistry
- Midwestern University Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Midwestern University Doctor of Optometry
- Midwestern University Doctor of Psychology
- How to Find Your Advisor
- Pre-Health Advising Committee
- Preparing for a Career in Pre-Health
- Student Research and Internships
- Success Stories
- Join Future Health Professionals
- Pre-Health Program Sheet