The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has announced it will conduct a comprehensive review of its regulations implementing Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, starting with a public hearing on the issues of sexual harassment in school environments, including sexual violence, and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. From June 7, 2021 — June 11, 2021, the OCR will host a virtual public hearing. Visit this link to view an in-depth description of the event. The OCR seeks participation from the public to address:
- Steps the Department can take to ensure that schools are providing students with educational environments free from discrimination in the form of sexual harassment.
- How the Department can continue to ensure that schools have grievance procedures that provide for the fair, prompt, and equitable resolution of reports of sexual harassment and other sex discrimination.
- The Department’s role in addressing discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity in educational environments.
To participate in the public hearing register here by June 11, 2021 at 11:00 PM CST.
The public hearing will take place on the following dates and times:
- June 7, 2021, from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., CST
- June 8, 2021, from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., CST
- June 9, 2021, from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., CST
- June 10, 2021, from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., CST
- June 11, 2021, from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., CST
- Interim Sex Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct Policy
and Interim Title IX Sexual Harassment Complaint Resolution Procedures
- Policy on Consensual Romantic or Sexual Relationships and Evaluative Authority
- Campus Guide to Sexual Misconduct Policies
- Mandatory Reporting
- Quick Reference Guide for Faculty and Staff on Responding to Sexual Misconduct Disclosures
Title IX Coordinator
If you are in an emergency situation, dial 911 for local, non-college law enforcement and medical assistance. You may also dial the College’s Public Safety Department at 847.735.5555 (on-campus at 5555) to connect you to the local police.
- 2017 Illinois Preventing Sexual Violence in Higher Education Act Report
- 2018 Campus Climate Survey Community Report.pdf
- 2018-2019 Sexual Discrimination and Misconduct Policy
- 2018-2019 Sexual Misconduct Complaint Resolution Procedures
- A Timeline of Guidance and Rights for Sexual Assault Victims and Survivors.pdf
- List and timeline of improvements for sexual assault rights
- Campus Guide to Sexual Misconduct Policies and Resources.pdf
- Comments on Proposed Title IX Regulations.pdf
- Consensual Romantic or Sexual Relationship Policy
- Criminal Justice Procedure Chart
- Denim Day LFC 2020
Denim Day 2020
- FAQ Reguarding Forensic Medical Exams
- heds campus climate survey results.pdf
- Illinois Preventing Sexual Violence Compliance Report 2018--Lake Forest College.pdf
- Lake Forest College’s 2019 Illinois Preventing Sexual Violence Compliance Report.pdf
- Quick Reference Guide for Faculty and Staff on Responding to Disclosures.pdf
- Stalking Connecting the Dots_Victim.pdf
- stalking poster.pdf
Message on release of new Title IX regulations