- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
News and Events
News and Events
Lake Forest College graduate Matthew Helderman ’11, founder of Buffalo8 and BondIt, discusses how the 10,000-hour rule played a role in the success he has achieved as one of the top producers in Hollywood. The Oscar-nominated producer returns to campus regularly to mentor students and give back to the community that kick-started his career in the film industry.
The men’s basketball team earned a trip to the NCAA Division III Tournament for the first time in program history. Foresters took on the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh at St. John’s University in the opening round. They were, however, unable to get past the number 4 ranked team. Forester men’s basketball finished the season 18-10.
The International Student Organization (ISO) held a mingling session with international faculty on February 19 in which faculty members shared memories from their college days, traditions from their homes, and their journey to Lake Forest.
Lake Forest College is one of the nation’s best colleges for students seeking a top education with exceptional career preparation, according to the just-published 2019 edition of The Princeton Review’s annual guide, The Best Value Colleges: 200 Schools with Exceptional ROI for Your Tuition Investment.
On February 17, approximately 100 young women and current Forester varsity student-athletes gathered at the Sports and Recreation Center to celebrate National Girls and Women in Sports Day.
Working in a lab on meaningful research turned into a career-making experience for more than 100 Foresters who have participated in the Lake Forest College-Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science summer research program since 2009.
Sometimes Chicago’s weather can be a good thing. Consider Associate Professor of Theater Chloe Johnston’s book talk, originally scheduled during a polar vortex that closed campus. Now reset for 4 p.m. on February 26, Johnston will be joined by Mariana Green ’14 and Ali Hoefnagel ’08—theater alums who are heavily featured in the book.
The quarterly Insurance AUM Journal created by Stewart Foley of the Department of Economics, Business and Finance was voted the #1 source for investment thought leadership.
Professor Ahmad Sadri was a panelist speaking on the new publication, The Shahnameh: The Persian Epic as World Literature, at the Heyman Center of Columbia University on February 12.
Lake Forest College is pleased to announce a new $1.1 million grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation that will link faculty, students, and Chicago-area institutional partners in efforts to understand the history and current status of race relations in Chicago and to create positive change in the city and the lives of its residents.