- June 24
Kelley Nugent ’16 can’t believe all the opportunities she’s had since transferring to Lake Forest College two years ago.
- August 21 Everyone pitched in to welcome the incoming Class of 2019 and transfer students during new student move-in day.
- August 19
Good Day Chicago interviewed Associate Director of Residence Life Stacy Oliver about how to deal with a child leaving for college.
- August 6
An essay by Professor Holly Swyers is the first chapter in the book The War of My Generation: Youth Culture and the War on Terror.
- August 5 Lake Forest is part of the Chicago Collections Consortium that has its inaugural exhibition at the city’s famed Harold Washington Library Center.
- July 30 Sarah Brune ’13 appeared on FOX 32 News Chicago commenting on a politician’s questionable use of campaign funds.
- July 28 Broadcast and print media came out in full force to cover the College’s first Archaeological Field School in Chicago July 28.
- July 27 Todd Beer of the Department of Sociology and Anthropology had two articles on climate and the environment published recently.
- July 22
- July 22 Professor Sean Menke—the real Ant Man—reviewed the new Marvel Comics Ant-Man movie on Chicago Tonight.
- July 21
- July 21 First-year students stay on campus in the summer conducting research with faculty—and presenting their findings in a day-long symposium.
- July 21 WGN tapped Stacy Oliver for realistic advice on going college.
- July 20 Camille Lemieux ’17 is making big strides in her career goal of becoming a language education professor at a research university.
- July 20
Amanda Peterson ’18 worked side-by-side with her advisor over the summer on research she is confident will give her future career a boost.
- July 15 The Chicago Sun-Times turned to Professor Ahmad Sadri for his expertise on Iranian society after Iran and the U.S. reached an agreement on nuclear arms.
- July 10 Students gained career-defining experiences conducting research at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.
- July 10
After a historic year for athletics, Forester teams earned 127 Academic All-Midwest Conference awards—the most in school history.
- June 26
- June 26
- June 25 Treston Chandler ’16 is gaining experience of a lifetime in his summer internship in Washington, DC.
- June 24 Matthew Roszak ’95 was a keynote speaker at Inside Bitcoins, the largest bitcoin and blockchains event worldwide, in Chicago.
- June 10 A school record number of victories and other successes made 2014-15 an outstanding year for Forester Athletics.
- June 10 The three-week Richter Scholars presented their research during the Richter Symposium in June.
- June 2 Associate Professor Holly Swyers was one of the experts asked to discuss the Cubs construction project on Outside the Lines.
- June 2 The Forester women’s softball and hockey teams give back to a young cancer victim and her sister with friendship and support.
- June 2
Students in Spring Flora of the Great Lakes use the outdoors as their lab and lecture hall.
- May 29 Alexandra Roman ’16 received one of only two undergraduate grants for neuroscience research awarded nationally.
- May 20
Head Athletic Trainer Michael Gilboe has become a sports-injury expert in the media, with recent appearances on TV, radio, and in the newspaper.
- May 19