- February 3 Princeton Review named the College one of “the nation’s best colleges for students seeking great academics, outstanding career preparation, and generous financial aid” in its just published book, Colleges That Pay You Back: The 200 Best Value Colleges and What It Takes to Get In - 2015 Edition.
- February 27 The revamped Stentor student newspaper has proved so popular, editors are printing more copies to meet reader demand.
- February 27
Join the Lake Forest College Athletics Department as they host the Special Olympics Area 13 Aquatics Meet on Saturday, March 21, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Lake Forest College Sports and Recreation Center. Community members are welcome to watch and cheer on the Special Olympians.
- February 23 The Career Advancement Center held a part-time job fair to connect students with employers for spring employment opportunities.
- February 21
Join Eukaryon in celebrating the inauguration of volume 11 of the journal and congratulating those who were published on Tuesday, March 3rd at 4 PM in the Calvin Durand Lounge. The journal’s 2014-2015 theme is “Investing in our Future”.
- February 19 Alumna Whitney Hales ’11 won first place in The Economist’s MBA case study competition evaluating Zillow’s $3.5 billion acquisition of its rival real-estate website, Trulia.
- February 18 Professor Jeffrey Sundberg’s study on the economic boost bird watching brings to Lake County made headlines in Chicago.
- February 18
Insurance expert Tony Todd ’63 connects students with business professionals during enlightening Saturday talks on campus.
- February 17
The Honors Fellows and Richter Scholar Committee is pleased to announce the Richter Scholar Class of 2015.
- February 13 Business faculty and Chicago-area business women met with the College’s new Women in Biz group during a panel discussion and networking event.
- February 13 Jaafar Al Fakih ’15 is making a world of difference in the lives of others in his internship with Human Rights Watch (HRW) in New York City.
- February 12 Assistant Professor Rebecca Graff will lead Lake Forest students on a Chicago Gold Coast excavation in collaboration with the Society of Architectural Historians.
- February 11
More than 150 students, faculty, staff, alumni, and parents attended Lake Forest’s Art Institute Night in Chicago.
- February 10
Alumni and employers are tweeting their #DayintheLife activity on the @LFCareers Twitter account so students can see what it’s like to do their job.
- February 5
- February 2 A group of students explored Chinatown—one of Chicago’s culturally rich neighborhoods—during a Chicago Ambassador trip.
- January 30
- January 30 Lake Forest graduate Courtney Wright ’88 shared the story of her road to entrepreneurial success during a recent campus talk.
- January 30 This semester’s In The Loop students mingled with Lake Forest alumni and Chicago-area professionals during their first All-Access Mixer.
- January 30 The city of Phoenix will be the real loser in Super Bowl XLIX no matter which team takes the crown, according to A.B. Dick Professor of Economics and Business Robert Baade.
- January 30
Art lecturer Suzanne Lussier searched across the U.S. to find the best examples of ceramics to include in the Lake Forest College Invitational Teapot Exhibition.
- January 27 D3hoops.com ran a story on this year’s on-court sibling rivalry between Forester Danny Nikitas ’18 and his older brother Jamie Nikitas, who attends Lawrence University.
- January 26
Charles “CJ” Black ’16 has landed a prestigious internship with a global trading firm, thanks to skills and a list of professional contacts he is building at Lake Forest.
- January 22 Hundreds of students stopped in the Mohr Student Center to check out more than 70 clubs and organizations during Forester Fair.
- January 20 The College’s efforts to honor Adolph “Bum” Baracani ’49—a Forester Hall of Fame football player, longtime donor and volunteer—and his eight decades of involvement at Lake Forest are highlighted in an article in the Lake Forester.
- January 19
- January 16 Lake Forest College received the 2015 Community Leadership Award from the Lake Forest/Lake Bluff Chamber of Commerce.
- January 14 Lake Forest students have settled into their home at Hostelling International in downtown Chicago and kickstarted what will be a semester-long immersion program.
- January 13
D’Anne Duncan ’04 has a knack for mentoring others. It’s a skill she discovered while majoring in biology at Lake Forest College.
- October 8 Female economics, finance, and business students seeking support in their male-dominant fields shared more than a pizza lunch during an informal meeting of the women in business support group.