- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
News and Events
News and Events
A group of 45 first-year students participated this summer in the 2019 Richter Scholar program conducting collaborative research with faculty from diverse disciplines, including art, biology, mathematics, philosophy, psychology, religion, communication, and finance.
Professor Jason Cody was profiled by the Chicago Tribune in this recent article:
Gorter Professor of Islamic World Studies and Professor of Sociology Ahmad Sadri was interviewed on June 24 on NPR’s Worldview program talking about how President Trump’s last-minute decision to cancel airstrikes on Iran has impacted Iranian politics. Listen to the interview here.
The diverse group of May 2019 graduates came to Lake Forest College from 31 countries, pursued degrees in 33 different majors, and completed dozens of internships.
Niam Abeysiriwardena ’20 and Samuel Gascoigne ’20 have been awarded prestigious Goldwater Scholarships, annual awards for outstanding undergraduates interested in careers in mathematics, the natural sciences, or engineering.
The U.S. Department of State and the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board announced that Professor and Chair of Chemistry Jason Cody has received a Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program award to Morocco in chemistry.
The Chicago Tribune interviewed Anna Trumbore Jones for an article on the recently announced $1.1 million Andrew W. Mellon Grant and the Humanities 2020 project she is leading.
Professor of Psychology Matt Kelley and four students in his research lab have published an article in the Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology—a first for the students but Kelley’s 30th published paper.
The 2019 Lake Forest Literary Festival has brought an engaging week of readings from remarkable authors to campus. There’s still one more not-to-be-missed reading at 7 p.m. tonight with poet Sandra Simonds in Meyer Auditorium, Hotchkiss Hall. View a photo gallery here.
Nationally recognized musician and music educator Natalie Douglass visited campus to share with music education students her expertise in the Kodály method of musical instruction.