- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/61/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29923_philosophy.rev.1450299828.png)"/>
Internships and Careers
While some philosophy graduates choose to pursue graduate study and are admitted to top graduate programs in philosophy and other disciplines, plenty of other philosophy graduates go directly into the job market. The skills students learn through the study of philosophy are valuable in just about any professional career.
Lake Forest College facilitates five career communities called Career Pathways to help students explore major/career options and position themselves for the internships that will help them to further prepare for productive and rewarding careers after graduation. Students from all majors can participate in the Career Pathways to shape their career goals alongside of their academic interests.
Philosophy majors tend to find a home in the Law and Public Service Career Pathway, but depending on interests may be interested in any of the pathways.
To get an idea for which pathways students might join based upon some common philosophy interests, check these out:
- Counselor – Law and Public Service
- Entrepreneur – Business and Finance + Build Your Own
- Professor/Educator – Law and Public Service
- Publishing Associate – Creative Arts
- Financial Analyst – Business and Finance
- Lawyer – Law and Public Service
- Non-Profit Organization Director – Law and Public Service
Explore the Career Pathways by participating in events, reading profiles of students’ and alumni experiences, and by joining a pathway (or two). Remember to look at the next steps pages to get ideas for immediate ways to prepare yourself for great internships and a productive, rewarding career after graduation.