- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/156/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29978_first_year_studies_2.rev.1450464022.png)"/>
Student Learning Outcomes
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the First Year Studies Program are:
1. First-year students will be able to demonstrate progress toward competence in focus, flow, depth, use of source material, and conventions of academic writing.
2. First-Year students will be able to demonstrate competence in critical thinking, including analysis, synthesis, and judgment.
3. First-Year students will be able to demonstrate information-gathering and research skills, including the use of a variety of research tools and the resources of the library.
4. First-Year students will be able to demonstrate information literacy, to effectively and responsibly use information according to the Academic Honesty policy of Lake Forest College.