If you feel the FAFSA (federal application) does not provide an accurate or complete picture of your family’s financial situation, the forms on this page may help to explain and document your personal, special circumstance(s).
Forms for the 2021-22 Academic Year
Please complete any applicable form(s) only if your cost exceeds the minimum amount shown. Return them to the Office of Financial Aid. If possible, save as a .pdf and send by email. You may also fax or send by mail to the number/address at the bottom of the form.
- Educational Expenses - your parent pays $2000+ for his/her education, or for a siblings (grades K-12 only) during 2021-2022 academic year
- Educational Loans - parent borrower now repaying $2000+/year to his/her own loan, or a loan for expenses for a sibling who is no longer in college
- Healthcare Expenses - parent pays $3000+ in 2019, 2020, or expected 2021 not paid with “pre-tax” dollars
- Income Change (parent) - a significant change vs. 2019
- Income Change (student) - a significant change vs. 2019
- Second Household Expenses - parents married, but living in different homes in different cities
- Unusual Expenses - parent pays $2000+ in 2019 or 2020 for such things as dependent care, funeral costs, non-elective home repairs, legal fees, support of extended family, etc.
Tax Documents. New Requirements …
If we need documentation of your income, we are not able to accept a copy of your tax return.
Instead, families are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) included within the FAFSA. Watch the video* to see how it works.
If you decide not to, or are unable to use the IRS DRT, you must provide an official IRS Tax Return Transcript. This document comes directly from the IRS, and is sent to you or to us (the Office of Financial Aid). You may use the above link or call 800-908-9946.
*While the video is specific to the 2019-2020 FAFSA, content will still be helpful in using the DRT for 2021-2022.
- First-Year Students
- Transfer to Lake Forest
- International Students
- Admitted Students
- Meet Your Counselor
- Visit Campus
- Financial Aid
- High School Counselors
- Community College Counselors
Associate Vice-President for Financial Aid
Assistant Director and Coordinator of Loans and Scholarships
Si necesita hablar con alguien en español en la oficina de ayuda financiera, usted puede llamar a Adriana Rodriguez al 847-735-5015.
If you are experiencing any hardship whatsoever, especially during this unsettling time of COVID-19, please let us know. We will help as much as we can!
Scan & e-mail, fax, or mail completed forms to:
Office of Financial Aid
Lake Forest College
555 N Sheridan Rd
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2338