- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/58/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/45986_music1_mod.rev.1533156274.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/58/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/45985_music3_mod.rev.1533156273.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/58/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/45984_music2_mod.rev.1533156273.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/58/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29920_music_2.rev.1450299708.png)"/>
Student Learning Outcomes
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Music Department are:
1. The music major will be able to demonstrate skill as a performer on a musical instrument or as a vocalist in a variety of styles.
2. The music major will be conversant in the musical language of western art music, jazz, electronic music, popular music, and music of varied world cultures.
3. The music major will be able to demonstrate analytical ability in music theory and proficient aural skills, including the ability to recognize characteristic traits of musical style periods aurally and in writing.
4. The music major will be able to advocate for the musical arts and engage in entrepreneurial activities to successfully navigate a broad variety of professional music activities.