Lake Forest is one of a very few selective colleges offering a major in business located near one of the leading financial and corporate centers in the world—Chicago. A business major or minor at Lake Forest College provides students with a practical choice employing fundamental accounting and finance tools that can be applied to virtually any industry or to start their own business.
Business is a highly practical area of study focusing on established theories applied to real-life applications with an eye on the increasingly global and technologically sophisticated business world. Business majors will be able to demonstrate the fundamentals of accounting, marketing and finance. The goal of the program at Lake Forest College is to master fundamental skills, encourage collaboration, and develop self-awareness leading to successful business leadership. A minor is also offered to compliment any major on campus providing a distinguishing attribute to potential employers.
Economics Business and Finance
Did you know?
- Over three billion people around the world live on $2 or less a day. Each spring students have the opportunity to participate in the Forgotten Majority Business Conference on campus.
- Many of the economics, finance, business, and entrepreneurship students take advantage of our “In The Loop” program. Students reside in Hostelling International in the Chicago Loop for a semester of academics, internships, and co-curricular activities.
- One of the key components of a successful business is the ability to communicate the value of their product to consumers. Students learn to write well and communicate effectively beginning in the first semester and culminating with a research paper or thesis in their senior year.
- Students learn statistical analysis techniques using quantitative and qualitative data that are consistent with the evolving financial services industry.
- Economics, finance, business, and entrepreneurship students take advantage of our close proximity to Chicago participating in multiple internships.