As of the start of the fall semester, 80 Lake Forest students received over a quarter of a million dollars in private scholarship funds!
While we believe that the resources below are worthwhile, we do not guarantee the authenticity of the information or websites, and do not endorse the information or services offered.
Deadlines and other dates are assumed to be valid annually.
If you receive funds from a source other than the College, pleasenotify our office. Such “outside scholarships” will normally reduce the amount your family pays or the loans you use. In some cases, it affects your loan or work-study eligibility. On rareoccasions it affects a College need-based grant.
Upcoming Scholarship Pick(s):
The Gates Scholarship Sept 15; 300 awards each year, covers all college costs
- Open to HS seniors in the top 10% of their class
- Must be a Pell Grant recipient
- Must be African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic-American or Native-American
- See website for other requirements
- Chik-fil-A October 27, $1000 - $25,000
- Be an employee at a franchised, company-owned / affiliated Chick-fil-A restaurant
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or 3.0 (varies by scholarship)
- Scholarship America Dream Award October 15; $5000 - $15,000
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or DACA status, 17 yrs of age or older
- minimum 3.0 GPA
- show financial need
- see web site for complete requirements
- Veteran's United Foundation October 31; up to ten awards of $5000 each
Applicant must be a veteran with 100% service-connected disability or the surviving spouse or child of a deceased service member.
- see website for additional requirements
- Hertz Foundation Grad Fellowship October 28; full-tuition; $34,000 + childcare stipend
Must be college seniors, first-year graduate students, or individuals in a gap year preparing to apply to graduate school, who intend to pursue a PhD in the applied physical and biological sciences, mathematics, or engineering. Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents. All applicants make a moral commitment to make their skills available to the U.S. in times of national emergency.
- Jack Kent-Cooke Scholarship, November 17, up to $55,000 per year, renewable
- Graduate from a U.S. high school in spring 2023 (U.S. citizenship not required)
- Intend to enroll full time in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2023
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above
- Demonstrate unmet financial need; family annual gross income up to $95,000
- Golden Apple Scholarship, up to $2,500 freshman/sophomore; up to $5,000 junior/senior.
Scholars receive up to $23,000 (over four years) in total financial assistance, extensive classroom teaching experience, academic and social-emotional support, job placement assistance, mentoring from our award-winning teaching faculty
U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen or DACAmented student and resident of Illinois
- be enrolled in a postsecondary course of study leading to initial teacher licensure
- First-Year Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Admitted Students
- Connect With Your Admissions Counselor
- Visit Campus
- Financial Aid
- High School Counselors
- Community College Counselors
Consider creating a separate email address for scholarship searches, in case you get a lot of unwanted email.
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI)
- FastWeb - scholarship search, see also: Tips to Winning Schlrshps
- Financial Aid Page - scholarship searches and other resources
- Horatio Alger Association - browse scholarships by your home state
- OnlineColleges.net - scholarships for minority students, not just those at online institutions
- Peterson’s - scholarship search
- Sallie Mae - scholarship search
- Scholarships.com - scholarship search
Special Categories / Web Sites:
Affordable Colleges Online and OnlineColleges.net are not just for online schools...lists for many women, African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, and students with disabilities. Similarly, Purdue University has graciously shared this recource page, for similar student populations.
Dominican Bar Association (for law school)
Hispanic Scholarship Fund - opens January 1 each year; mid-Feb deadline
Hispanic Science Scholarships - National Alliance for Hispanic Health
Latino College Dollars - scholarship search
MAES (Latinos in Science and Engineering) Nov 19 deadline
AffordableColleges.com (general resource, various service branches)
Air Force - General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant
American Legions (two sites)
Auxiliary Scholarship Program - child, grandchild, great-grandchild of a veteran
Legacy Scholarship Program - child of post-9/11 veteran who died on active duty, or is disabled
Department of Veteran’s Affairs - veterans/children
Iran & Afghanistan - if your parent died in service after 9/11
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation - 25 military-related resources
Military Officers Association of America - Veterans, family members
VFW’s Sport Clips Help a Hero - separate fall/spring deadlines
Yellow Ribbon Program - Lake Forest participates
Arkansas Students - scholarship search
Hawai‘i Students - over 150 scholarships to pursue
Illinois Students - grants, loans, and scholarships for all grade levels
Illinois Students - Community Fndtn of Northern IL; 1 app'n >> 90 scholarships; Open Dec 1 - Febr 1 (deadline)
Illinois Students - IL Assoc'n of College Admissions Counseling (Jan 28, 2022 deadline)
Illinois (Chicago Public Schools) - Wentcher Foundation
Indiana Students - grant and scholarship programs
Maine Students - links to 16 scholarships
Tennessee Students - application cycle begins mid-January
Washington Students - scholarship search
About Scholarship Scams
FINANCIAL AID STAFF
Si necesita hablar con alguien en español en la oficina de ayuda financiera, usted puede llamar a Adriana Rodriguez.