As of the start of the fall semester, 80 Lake Forest students received over a quarter of a million dollars in private scholarship funds!
While we believe that the resources below are worthwhile, we do not guarantee the authenticity of the information or websites, and do not endorse the information or services offered.
Deadlines and other dates are assumed to be valid annually.
If you receive funds from a source other than the College, pleasenotify our office. Such “outside scholarships” will normally reduce the amount your family pays or the loans you use. In some cases, it affects your loan or work-study eligibility. On rareoccasions it affects a College need-based grant.
Upcoming Scholarship Pick(s):
BBB Chicago Educational Foundation College Scholarship March 30; four awards of $2500 each
- Open to HS seniors and current college students from Illinois
- Must be a resident of one of the following Illinois counties: Boone, Carroll, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, JoDavies, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, LaSalle, Lee, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside, Will, Winnebago
- As of March 18, fewer than ten applications have been submitted
- The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis April 15
The provides approximately 500 students each year with renewable interest-free loans and grants for postsecondary education.
Applicants are selected on the basis of academic potential (minimum 2.0 GPA), personal character, and significant financial need. Specific Missouri and Illinois counties surrounding St. Louis (see application). Additional requirements may apply.
- Dennis De La Rosa Scholarship April 1; $3000
- Undocumented student (DACA not required)
- Currently enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program
- 3.0 unweighted GPA or above
- Demonstrated leadership
- Leon Bradley Scholarship May 31; $3500
This scholarship was established to encourage minorities or persons of color to enter the field of teaching and school leadership. To qualify, you must be in the final year of completing certification requirements (including student teaching), have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better, and be a minority or person of color.
- The Leanbean Clean Athletic Performance Scholarship March 31; $1500
The Scholarship will be awarded to the one who best expresses their thoughts on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in sport. It is open to all students within the United States, including undergraduate, graduate students and incoming freshmen.
In the last two years, there were fewer than 25 applications, which makes your chances of winning very good!
- First-Year Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Admitted Students
- Meet Your Counselor
- Visit Campus
- Financial Aid
- High School Counselors
- Community College Counselors
Consider creating a separate email address for scholarship searches, in case you get a lot of unwanted email.
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI)
- FastWeb - scholarship search, see also: Tips to Winning Schlrshps
- Financial Aid Page - scholarship searches and other resources
- Horatio Alger Association - browse scholarships by your home state
- OnlineColleges.net - scholarships for minority students, not just those at online institutions
- Peterson’s - scholarship search
- Sallie Mae - scholarship search
- Scholarships.com - scholarship search
Special Categories / Web Sites:
Affordable Colleges Online and OnlineColleges.net are not just for online schools...lists for many women, African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, and students with disabilities. Similarly, Purdue University has graciously shared this recource page, for similar student populations.
Dominican Bar Association (for law school)
Hispanic Scholarship Fund - opens January 1 each year; mid-Feb deadline
Hispanic Science Scholarships - National Alliance for Hispanic Health
Latino College Dollars - scholarship search
MAES (Latinos in Science and Engineering) Nov 19 deadline
AffordableColleges.com (general resource, various service branches)
Air Force - General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant
American Legions (two sites)
Auxiliary Scholarship Program - child, grandchild, great-grandchild of a veteran
Legacy Scholarship Program - child of post-9/11 veteran who died on active duty, or is disabled
Department of Veteran’s Affairs - veterans/children
Iran & Afghanistan - if your parent died in service after 9/11
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation - 25 military-related resources
Military Officers Association of America - Veterans, family members
VFW’s Sport Clips Help a Hero - separate fall/spring deadlines
Yellow Ribbon Program - Lake Forest participates
Arkansas Students - scholarship search
Hawai‘i Students - over 150 scholarships to pursue
Illinois Students - grants, loans, and scholarships for all grade levels
Illinois Students - Community Fndtn of Northern IL; 1 app'n >> 90 scholarships; Open Dec 1 - Febr 1 (deadline)
Illinois Students - IL Assoc'n of College Admissions Counseling (Jan 28, 2022 deadline)
Illinois (Chicago Public Schools) - Wentcher Foundation
Indiana Students - grant and scholarship programs
Maine Students - links to 16 scholarships
Tennessee Students - application cycle begins mid-January
Washington Students - scholarship search
About Scholarship Scams
Si necesita hablar con alguien en español en la oficina de ayuda financiera, usted puede llamar a Adriana Rodriguez.