- Philosophy of Paedagogia Teacher Action Research Journal
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and Lake Forest College Publications
For more information, please see Paedagogia Teacher Action Research Journal Aims and Scope page.
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in Paedagogia Teacher Action Research Journal provided they own the copyright to the work being submitted, or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Paedagogia Teacher Action Research Journal, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Paedagogia Teacher Action Research Journal. If you have concerns about the submission terms for Paedagogia Teacher Action Research Journal, please contact the editors.
Paedagogia Teacher Action Research Journal requires all documents to be submitted in correct APA formatting. See Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for details. Although Scholastica can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to produce an electronic version of an accurately formatted manuscript as a Microsoft Word file.
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication of the article, the authors assign to Lake Forest College Publications all copyright in the article, subject to the expansive personal--use exceptions described below.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of Lake Forest College Publications, requires credit to Lake Forest College Publications as copyright holder (e.g., Lake Forest College Publications © 2020).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from Lake Forest College Publications provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., an Evanston Township High School chemistry teacher can have their article appear in the district’s online publication series); and
- Posting of the article on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the Lake Forest College Publications website and/or software agree not to misuse the Lake Forest College Publications service or software in any way.
The failure of Lake Forest College Publications to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between Lake Forest College Publications and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.