Virtual Speed Networking
At this signature event, students will be matched with professionals in their areas of interest for a series of short virtual networking meetings.
- Meet with professionals in their career field of interest
- Build a professional network
- Practice essential networking skills
- Learn more about available internship and full-time job opportunities
Registration information is included below.
Register for Virtual Speed Networking though our Professional Registration Form.
Students interested in attending Speed Networking must first complete one mandatory Prep Session. Important event registration details will be shared at Prep Sessions. The same content will be covered in each Prep Session, so you may attend the one that fits best with your schedule:
- Sunday, October 4 from 6-7p.m. CT
- Monday, October 5 from 4-5p.m. CT
- Tuesday, October 6 from 12-1p.m. CT
Deadline: Students must register on Handshake for a Prep Session by 6p.m. CT on Sunday, October 4th.
Eligibility: Due to event popularity and limited availability of spaces, juniors and seniors will receive preference for Virtual Speed Networking registration. Registration is open to sophomores, and based on event capacity, they will be added to a waiting list for the event. They are encouraged to attend Prep Sessions and will be notified regarding event capacity the week of Oct. 5. With this in mind, first-years and sophomores will also be invited to attend a special internship networking program on the evening of October 22. More details to follow!
Participating professionals will be representing organizations such as:
- Advanced Photon Source, Argonne National Lab
- Arlington Pediatric Therapy Management Services
- Axiom Consulting Partners
- Barrington Bank & Trust
- Big Sur Land Trust
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Capgemini Invent
- Center For Head Injury Services
- Club Automation
- Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA)
- Cornerstone Consulting
- Coyote Logistics
- David Anger Design
- DeGroot Logistics
- Dot Foods
- Endeavor Content
- Evoqua Water Technologies
- GCommerce Solutions
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. LLC
- HD Supply DBA USA BlueBook
- Hillel at Miami University - Ohio
- Horizon Therapeutics
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission
- Key Strategic Consulting
- Logical Position
- Mark Hertzberg
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Merrill Lynch
- Moore Fun Event Consultants
- Northwestern Athletics
- Northwestern Mutual
- NYC Mayor's Office of Sustainability
- Pharma Logistics
- Publicis Media
- Rosalind Franklin University
- Rush University Medical Center
- San Diego Hunger Coalition
- St. George's University School of Medicine
- Student Conservation Association
- The Menta Academy
- The Ryan Consulting Group
- TSMGI - The Specialized Marketing Group, Inc.
- U.S. Peace Corps
- United States Navy
- W. W. Grainger, Inc.
- WNBA Atlanta Dream
On Campus Disability Accommodations:
Contact Kara Fifield at 847-735-5167 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance.