Lake Forest College is affiliated with the Rosalind Franklin University Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (BMS) program.
RFUMS will consider for admission into the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences program LFC students who meet the Admissions Requirements, consistent with the Admissions Procedures, each of which is described below.
- You are successfully progressing towards completion of a bachelor’s degree from LFC and will have completed all prerequisite courses (Appendix A) with a grade of C or better by time of matriculation into RFUMS.
- You have a minimum grade point average of 2.75 for all science coursework including Biology, Chemistry, and Physics; and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75. Applicants applying for early admission or accelerated matriculation must have a minimum cumulative and science grade point average of 3.2. All grade point averages are calculated by the RFU Centralized Application Service (RFUCAS).
- You have a positive recommendation from the Lake Forest College Pre-Health Advising Committee through successful participation in the pre-medicine coursework and the Health Professions Program (HPP) offered in partnership between LFC and RFUMS.
- You have met or will prior to matriculation have met all other admissions requirements for the BMS program as outlined in the RFUMS catalog at time of application to RFUMS with the exception of the MCAT and CASPer requirements, which are waived only for matriculation into the BMS program.
- Early Decision Regular Decision – the applicant may ask for an admissions decision early, during their freshman or sophomore year at LFC (early decision), or they may wait and apply during the cycle before their matriculation (regular decision).
- Accelerated Matriculation Regular Matriculation – the applicant may matriculate into RFU at the end of their third year at LFC (accelerated matriculation), or at the end of their fourth year at LFC (regular matriculation).
- At the start of each academic year, Lake Forest College will provide RFUMS with the number of students and year of anticipated application for both the early and the regular decision to RFUMS who have indicated intent to apply for admission to the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences program at RFUMS.
- LFC Health Professions Program (HPP) students will fill out the Health Professions Program short application, accessible via RFU, to indicate their intention of applying to the BMS program in the current or a future application cycle, regardless of decision and matriculation type.
- All Lake Forest students seeking admission to the BMS program at RFUMS shall be required to submit a full application through the RFU Centralized Application Service (RFUCAS) during the application cycle for desired matriculation year in which a student would begin coursework at RFUMS.
- All Lake Forest students seeking early admission or accelerated matriculation to the BMS program who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be invited to participate in an on-campus interview.
- When the RFU BMS program offers admission to LFC HPP students, all offers are conditional, pending the completion of any and all matriculation requirements.
Regular Matriculation (Four years at Lake Forest College)
You pursue and complete any major at the College and you must complete the HPP program, the college’s FFC requirements, and prerequisite courses for the RFU degree program.
Accelerated Matriculation (Three years at Lake Forest College)
You should pursue the majors listed below for which suggested curriculum pathways are detailed below. Additionally you must complete the college’s FFC requirements, and prerequisite courses for the RFU degree program.”
- Join the Health Professions Program
- Course Recommendations
Dual Degree Programs and Affiliations
- Prerequisite Courses for RFUMS Dual-Degree Program
- DePaul University School of Nursing
- Rush University College of Nursing
- Rosalind Franklin University College of Pharmacy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Rosalind Franklin University Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Rosalind Franklin University Physician Assistant Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Biomedical Sciences Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Clinical Counseling Program
- Rosalind Franklin University Medical School
- Midwestern University Doctor of Optometry
- How to Find Your Advisor
- Pre-Health Advising Committee
- Preparing for a Career in Pre-Health
- Student Research and Internships
- Success Stories
- Join Future Health Professionals