Role of the Title IX Coordinator
The College has a designated Title IX Coordinator trained in the College’s policies and procedures, state and federal law and other issues related to sexual discrimination and misconduct to manage the College’s compliance with Title IX. Specifically, the Title IX Coordinator:
- Oversees the investigation and/or resolution of all complaints of prohibited sexual discrimination and sexual misconduct under the College’s Policy on Sexual Discrimination and Misconduct;
- Advises complainants (individuals alleging misconduct), respondents (individuals accused of alleged misconduct) and/or third parties regarding support resources and options available through the College or off-campus, including options for resolving complaints of sexual discrimination and misconduct;
- Provides assistance to faculty and staff regarding how to appropriately respond to a report of prohibited misconduct under this policy;
- Develops and updates College policies, procedures, websites, and resources addressing sexual discrimination and misconduct;
- Assesses campus climate, tracks and monitors sexual misconduct allegations on campus, and reports findings to College officials and/or the campus community, where appropriate;
- Prepares federal and state required compliance reports; and
- Oversees training, education, and prevention efforts for the campus community, including training in implementing this policy and the corresponding complaint resolution procedures.
Title IX Coordinator
If you are in an emergency situation, dial 911 for local, non-college law enforcement and medical assistance. You may also dial the College’s Public Safety Department at 847.735.5555 (on-campus at 5555) to connect you to the local police.