- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Lake Forest College is a residential pedestrian campus with a limited number of parking spaces available. Therefore, we restrict the availability of parking not only for philosophical reasons but also for purely practical ones – there simply are not enough spaces to provide parking for everyone who would like to have a car on campus.
Student parking and permit eligibility is limited to:
- all commuter students
- all junior students
- all senior students
Exemptions for first-year and sophomore students will only be considered for documented medical reasons or in rare and demonstrated cases of extreme need or hardship.
Requests for Medical Accommodations
Students seeking a waiver to obtain a permit for medical reasons must complete and submit a Verification of Need for Accessibility Services form which can be found online at: https://www.lakeforest.edu/live/files/4388-verification-form
If you have trouble with the link, you can also find the form on the College website by selecting the Academic tab on the top of the page followed by selecting the Resources and Support on the left-side navigation. Then select Services for Students with Disabilities followed by Requesting Accommodations, and finally selecting Requesting Accommodations: Student Life. Then scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the form.
Once you’ve completed and submitted the form, someone from the Special Needs Accommodation committee may be in touch to request additional information such as medical documentation or to arrange a meeting with someone in Health and Wellness.
Requests based on Extreme Need or Hardship
Demonstrated cases of extreme need or hardship waivers require submission of an application form (which is also available in Public Safety).
- All exceptions must be requested and approved prior to bringing a vehicle on campus.
Students will be notified by email if their application is approved or denied. If the application is not approved, the student may have their name placed on a prioritized waiting list, which will be revisited following a utilization review (which cannot begin until after the 1st day of classes) of the number of permits issued to eligible junior, senior, and all commuter students. If sufficient space is available following the assessment, those who are on the waiting list who can be approved will be notified by email.
We encourage everyone to review our entire parking rules and regulations policy, which will also be distributed with all permits.
Note to students with permission to park on campus.
Permits purchased at the beginning of the fall semester cost $250 for the academic year. Permits purchased after a semester has started will be charged a pro-rated amount. Permits purchased at the beginning of the spring semester cost $125 for the remainder of the academic year. Permits purchased after a semester has started will be charged a pro-rated amount.