- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Lake Forest College is a residential pedestrian campus with a limited number of parking spaces available. Therefore, we restrict the availability of parking not only for philosophical reasons but also for purely practical ones – there simply are not enough spaces to provide parking for everyone who would like to have a car on campus.
Student parking and permit eligibility is limited to:
- all commuter students
- all junior students
- all senior students
Exemptions for first-year and sophomore students will only be considered for documented medical reasons or in rare and demonstrated cases of extreme need or hardship.
Requests for Medical Accommodations
Students seeking a waiver to obtain a permit for medical reasons must submit a Special Needs Request form which can be found online (you will need to log in to my.lakeforest) at: https://my.lakeforest.edu/ICS/Students/Student_Forms.jnz.
If you have trouble with the link, you can also find the form by selecting the Student tab on my.lakeforest, then selecting the Residence Life folder in the left-side navigation. Then, click “Special Needs Request” on the left-side navigation.
Once you’ve completed and submitted the online form, someone from the Special Needs Accommodation committee may be in touch to request additional information such as medical documentation or to arrange a meeting with someone in Health and Wellness.
Requests based on Extreme Need or Hardship
Demonstrated cases of extreme need or hardship waivers require submission of an application form (which is also available in Public Safety).
- All exceptions must be requested and approved prior to bringing a vehicle on campus.
To accommodate the actual number of parking spaces available on campus, Public Safety will limit the number of permits issued to students. Any student who needs a permit after the designated number has been reached will be put on a waiting list prioritized by year.
We encourage everyone to review our entire parking rules and regulations policy, which will also be distributed with all permits.
Note to students with permission to park on campus.
Permits purchased at the beginning of the fall semester cost $220 for the academic year. Permits purchased after a semester has started will be charged a pro-rated amount. Permits purchased at the beginning of the spring semester cost $110 for the remainder of the academic year. Permits purchased after a semester has started will be charged a pro-rated amount.