- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29610_alex_shingeltoncropped2.rev.1451943950.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29615_rob_baadecropped3.rev.1451944211.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29616_ann_robertscropped2.rev.1451944021.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29614_ben_zeller_2.rev.1451944512.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/5986_screen_shot_2016-11-30_at_3.27.37_pm.rev.1480543045.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29612_judy_dozier_2cropped.rev.1451943820.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29613_carolyn_tuttlecropped2.rev.1451944800.jpg)"/>
Lake Forest Faculty
Lake Forest College faculty are teachers and mentors who are singularly focused on their students’ success. As experts in their field, faculty regularly publish books and articles and conduct research with students. And they use Chicago as a living classroom.
Associate Professor of Religion Ben Zeller was interviewed by KJZZ’s “The Show” about the importance of faith, religion, and cults in American pop culture.
Senior Lecturer in Music Mitch Paliga recently traveled to Puerto Rico to perform with the Lt. Dan Band at a benefit concert to raise awareness of Puerto Rico’s hurricane recovery needs.
Faculty and staff gathered to honor the published and creative work of the College’s distinguished faculty during the annual Sue and Gene Hotchkiss Celebration of Faculty Scholarship on April 17 in the Donnelly and Lee Library.
What skills does a young person need in order to transition successfully to adulthood in the United States? That is the question that Associate Professor of Anthropology Holly Swyers and 80 Lake Forest College students aim to answer in the Adulting Manual, a compendium of advice gleaned by interviewing professionals at different stages of their careers and analyzing their answers.
Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies Brian McCammack was recently interviewed by The Corps Network, a conservation organization, about African American work in the Civilian Conservation Corps.
Associate Professor of Education Desmond Odugu received the Joyce Cain Award for Distinguished Research on People of African Descent from the Comparative and International Education Society.
At the 2018 Chicago Society for Neuroscience Meeting, Disque D. and Carol Gram Deane Professor of Biological Sciences Shubhik DebBurman was awarded the Chicago Society for Neuroscience Career Achievement Award for his outstanding contributions to neuroscience education.
The Lake Forest College Theater Department’s resident costume designer, Nathan Rohrer, was recently mentioned for his work with Giordano Dance Chicago in the Chicago Tribune’s rave review of the dance company.
Noir? Neo-noir? “You’ll know it when you see it,” Associate Professor of Spanish Gizella Meneses said about film noir. Though the exact definition may be debatable, Meneses found a way to enter the conversation by looking specifically at Argentine noir and neo-noir in her first book.
Assistant Professor of Anthropology Rebecca Graff was recently quoted in a Chicago Tribune article about the placement of the Obama Presidential Center in Chicago’s Jackson Park—the same site where the World’s Columbian Exposition of 1893 was held.