The Office of Grants and Sponsored Research (OGSR) serves a variety of campus needs and objectives concerning extramural funding. The office provides proposal support to faculty and staff members seeking funding for individual research projects, sabbatical support, travel, and professional development. The office supports the institution by assisting efforts to secure financial support for academic programs and capitial building projects.
The office serves six principal functions:
- assist faculty and the institution in identifying extramural funding that will support faculty research interests and institutional development.
- assist faculty and the institution in the preparation and submission of grant applications and proposals to external sponsors, independently or in collaboration with other universities, colleges, research centers, or scholarly associations. Click here for a list of funding resources.
- administer selected internal funding programs (e.g., Hotchkiss Fellows Program) that support faculty research and program initiatives.
- administer the College’s Fulbright Scholar program.
- support institutional efforts to secure extramural funding for academic program development and infrastructure improvement.
- administer the College’s policies pertaining to financial conflict of interest, research integrity, and the responsible conduct of research.
The OGSR has institutional authority to transmit and execute external grant proposals. The office’s proposal support services include funding and information searches; advice on proposal strategies; assurances, certifications, and procedural compliance; formatting and packaging; and electronic assembly and submission. The office works closely with the Development Office and the Business Office, and offers workshops within the campus community.