- October 17
Jiaming Liu ’16 already has a foothold in her global career working in her second internship related to her double major.
- October 15
Michael White ’07 was named to the editorial board of Neurology, the official journal of The American Academy of Neurology.
- October 8 Female economics, finance, and business students seeking support in their male-dominant fields shared more than a pizza lunch during an informal meeting of the women in business support group.
- October 8 In a campus talk on Oct. 15, Matt Roszak ’95, named one of Wall Street Journal’s “Who’s Who of the crypto-currency world,” will discuss this new type of currency.
- October 6 Hundreds of Lake Forest College students, staff and visitors watched Tibetan monks create and destroy a sand mandala in a rare on-campus opportunity.
- October 6 Our Career Advancement Center helped Jerrold Rosema ’12 find his career path from day one. Today, he’s a financial consultant.
- September 25 The Vermont Law School professor and retired Dean of Forestry at Yale University will discuss the need for a new global environmentalism in his talk on March 17, 2015.
- August 28 Following a fun-filled week of Orientation, the campus community cheerfully welcomed the Class of 2018 to campus during the official Matriculation Ceremony on August 27.
- August 22
- August 1 This summer, Trixie Orozco ’16, participated in a marine biology program with the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. The program included Saturday morning classes on marine biology and culminated in a class trip to the Bahamas.
- July 25
Daryn Cass ’10 is credited as the first author in an article—her ninth—published in May by the scientific research journal Molecular Psychiatry.
- July 24
Sometimes, a Richter Scholar research project doesn’t wrap up when the summer program ends.
- July 23
- July 22 Professor of Politics Ghada Talhami was interviewed on WTTW’s Chicago Tonight television show about the recent hostilities between Israel and Hamas.
- July 16
- July 15
- July 15
- July 14
- July 8 Assistant Professor of Education Desmond Odugu, a Nigerian native, comments on his compatriots’ emotional connection to their national anthem during the FIFA World Cup.
- June 29 Professor Les Dlabay is co-author of the 11th edition of Personal Finance, a textbook that has been used at more than 900 colleges and universities.
- June 25 Students from the Latin American Global Business Senior Seminar attended two programs presented by the International Trade Association of Greater Chicago.
- June 20 Professor Amanda Felkey, who specializes in household economics, offered comments for this WalletHub study examining the best cities for families.
- June 20
- June 18
- June 14 Fifteen students engaged in research this summer attended a regional pharmacology meeting and brought home recognition for the seventh straight year.
- June 13
- June 12
- June 11 Summer is a fun time for students to explore Chicago and attractions in the surrounding area—and it’s all just a train ride away!
- June 10 Assistant Professor of Religion Ben Zeller comments on the controversial film Unmosqued, which depicts a younger generation of American Muslims drifting away from Islam.
- June 10 Have a question about the economic impact expected from the 2016 Democratic and Republican conventions? Ask Professor Rob Baade. The Columbus Dispatch did.