- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
News and Events
News and Events
Twenty students had career-building summers conducting medical research in the Lake Forest College-Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science Summer Fellows program.
A group of 45 first-year students participated this summer in the 2019 Richter Scholar program conducting collaborative research with faculty from diverse disciplines, including art, biology, mathematics, philosophy, psychology, religion, communication, and finance.
- July 31
Ten Foresters put their education to work this summer while living together and interning in Chicago through the Lake Forest College ACTIVATE: Summer Internship Program.
Nicholas Wheeler ’21 spent the summer as a Congressional Intern working for Illinois Congressman Michael Bost in Washington, DC.
One recent Lake Forest College graduate and two alumni have been offered National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, part of a federally sponsored program that provides up to three years of graduate study support for US students pursuing doctoral research-based degrees in STEM, STEM education, and social science fields.
“Old Town Maine” is Deely’s remix of the hit song “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X, and it touches on many stereotypes of the state of Maine where he grew up.
Professor Jason Cody was profiled by the Chicago Tribune in this recent article:
Gorter Professor of Islamic World Studies and Professor of Sociology Ahmad Sadri was interviewed on June 24 on NPR’s Worldview program talking about how President Trump’s last-minute decision to cancel airstrikes on Iran has impacted Iranian politics. Listen to the interview here.
The diverse group of May 2019 graduates came to Lake Forest College from 31 countries, pursued degrees in 33 different majors, and completed dozens of internships.