According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 70 percent of all jobs are found through networking. At Lake Forest, students are taught how to build and activate a professional network.
Through the robust Forester Career Network, students have access to hundreds of professionals willing to help them understand and navigate their career path. Volunteers help by:
- Offering advice and insight on occupations and industries
- Sharing career experience and job search techniques
- Providing information about graduate programs
- Connecting them with other professionals in their area of interest
- Making referrals to a hiring manager
Speed Networking is a speed-dating style networking event that draws hundreds of employers each semester.