Thomas Quigley ’18 interned at the Chicago Bandits while studying business and entrepreneurship and innovation.
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/35592_shot02-041_v2.rev.1487090405.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40467_Speednetworking2_edited.rev.1510942416.jpg)"/>
Lake Forest College’s internship program is at the heart of our four-year career preparation plan for students.
- Close proximity to Chicago and a strong network of alumni and friends give students access to a range of internships few other colleges can offer
- Students can pursue up to three internships for credit
- More than 50% of student graduate with internship credit
- Students with interests in all areas of study can take one or more internships and still graduate on time
Opportunities in Chicago and beyond
Few other colleges can provide students with access to Chicago’s range of internship options during the academic year and summer. Students can live and work in downtown Chicago through the Lake Forest College In The Loop program. Beyond Chicago, students have access to 200+ off-campus study programs - many of which involve internship or research experiences.
Get college credit
Over half of students earn credit for internships before graduation.
Students can earn academic credit through their participation in our for-credit internship program in place of a traditional class. Students can complete multiple for-credit internships while still graduating on time.