- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29737___img_2920.rev.1453218166.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
Join us for an Open House Program on
July 13 or August 6 or
schedule a visit that fits your schedule!
It pays to visit!
- Are you a transfer student applying for fall 2018? Visit before July 31 and receive $1,000 annually towards their cost of attendance at the College.
- First-year and transfer students applying for fall 2019 who visit between April 27, 2018 (Junior Visit Day) and May 1, 2019 will receive $1,000 annually towards their cost of attendance at the College.
An ideal visit to campus includes:
- meeting a professor
- observing a class
- having lunch in our cafeteria
- talking with current students
- chatting with a coach
- campus tour (for science interested students, we have specific tours of the facilities)
- meeting your admissions counselor
We recommend spending at least a half a day with us during the school week. Please let us know how much time you can spend with us and we will craft your visit to fit your time frame.
On-site Admissions for Transfer Students
In addition to the personal visit option, we offer On-site admission for transfer students daily Monday through Friday during the summer and on most Wednesdays during the fall and spring semesters. On-site admission is designed to take the stress out of the application process and waiting for an admission decision. Schedule a time and bring in your official transcripts (college and high school) and academic letter of recommendation to receive a review of your coursework and an admission decision. You must complete the Lake Forest College Transfer Application or the Transfer Common Application two business days prior to your appointment. We do not charge an application fee and you can submit your academic letter of recommendation and transcripts with the application or send them to us separately.
Welcome Wednesdays for Transfer Students
Too busy to join us during the day? Join us on campus Wednesday late afternoons and evenings for an opportunity to jumpstart your application, learn more about the College, complete an admissions interview or admissions chat, have dinner with a current student, and tour campus.
Future Forester Days
Future Forester Days, open only to admitted students, is unlike any other visit to campus. It’s designed to give you an in-depth look into all aspects of life at Lake Forest College. Whether you’re still deciding or want another look at the place you’ve already chosen to call home, we encourage admitted students and their families to join us for a day of hands-on interactions and information.
April 9, 2018
Junior Visit Day
Kick off your college search with a visit day designed specifically for high school juniors beginning their college search. Our Junior Visit Day is an immersive first look at life as a Forester for you and your family that you’ll get to tailor to your interests.
Friday, April 27, 2018
Summer Open House Programs
High school students and transfer students are invited to visit campus and attend one of our Summer Open House Programs.
Learn more about our program and register.
Friday, July 13 or Monday, August 6
We are glad to welcome groups and can provide short presentations on the college admission process and how students can ready themselves for college. In the past, we have welcomed students from local high schools, counselors, and other groups that have been interested in seeing what a selective liberal arts college in the Chicago area has to offer. We offer group tours and can provide lunch options.