- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29737___img_2920.rev.1453218166.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
Join us for an Open House Program on
or schedule a visit that fits your schedule!
It pays to visit!
- First-year and transfer students applying for fall 2019 who visit before May 1, 2019 will receive $1,000 annually towards their cost of attendance at the College.
An ideal visit to campus includes:
- meeting a professor
- observing a class
- having lunch in our cafeteria
- talking with current students
- chatting with a coach
- campus tour (for science interested students, we have specific tours of the facilities)
- meeting your admissions counselor
We recommend spending at least a half a day with us during the school week. Please let us know how much time you can spend with us and we will craft your visit to fit your time frame.
On-site Admissions for Transfer Students
In addition to the personal visit option, we offer On-site admission for transfer students daily Monday through Friday during the summer and on most Wednesdays during the fall and spring semesters. On-site admission is designed to take the stress out of the application process and waiting for an admission decision. Schedule a time and bring in your official transcripts (college and high school) and academic letter of recommendation to receive a review of your coursework and an admission decision. You must complete the Lake Forest College Transfer Application or the Transfer Common Application two business days prior to your appointment. We do not charge an application fee and you can submit your academic letter of recommendation and transcripts with the application or send them to us separately.
Welcome Wednesdays for Transfer Students
Too busy to join us during the day? Join us on campus Wednesday late afternoons and evenings for an opportunity to jumpstart your application, learn more about the College, complete an admissions interview or admissions chat, have dinner with a current student, and tour campus.
Fall Open House Programs
High school students and transfer students are invited to visit campus and attend our Summer Open House Program.
Learn more about our program and register.
- Friday, November 9
We are glad to welcome groups and can provide short presentations on the college admission process and how students can ready themselves for college. In the past, we have welcomed students from local high schools, counselors, and other groups that have been interested in seeing what a selective liberal arts college in the Chicago area has to offer. We offer group tours and can provide lunch options.