- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Did you know that over 90 percent of Lake Forest students applied for and receive some type of financial aid? And that the College awarded more than $14,000,000 in scholarships and grants to first-year students?
To see what we can do for you, click on “New Students” on the left.
While income isn’t the only factor in deciding financial aid eligibility, approximately 35% of our first-year class who applied for financial aid have income over $100,000. Of that group, over 75% is receiving at least $20,000 in aid from the College. Approximately 20% of families have income under $50,000, with 84% receiving more than $40,000 in grants and scholarships from all sources (College, federal, state).
The Office of Financial Aid offers a personalized approach, helping our students and families by providing timely information, anticipating concerns, and seeking innovative, personalized solutions. We invite and encourage those involved to become partners with us in the process. We take pride in being courteous, fair, and efficient.
The financial aid application (“FAFSA”) used for the 2019-2020 academic year collects details of 2017 income.
Financial Aid News
Biology major Jeanne McDonald ’19 has been awarded a prestigious Barry Goldwater Scholarship for undergraduate excellence in the sciences—a first for Lake Forest College. Neuroscience and chemistry double major Yoan Ganev ’19 received an Honorable Mention.
This new page provides free resources to help you learn about financial aid, tools to help you manage your money, and skills to help you manage your money well!
Payscale.com has named Lake Forest College in first place in Illinois for best return on investment among small colleges, and 11th in the nation. Read more about Lake Forest College’s standing in the rankings here.
Lake Forest College was named among the top colleges and universities near Chicago by Investopedia.com, an Internet site devoted to investment education.
Princeton Review named the College one of “the nation’s best colleges for students seeking great academics, outstanding career preparation, and generous financial aid” in its just published book, Colleges That Pay You Back: The 200 Best Value Colleges and What It Takes to Get In - 2015 Edition.
The donation from anonymous donors is the largest in College history to help students achieve post-graduate success.
Job Placement Rate Update
Within six months of graduation, 85% of the Class of 2018 were employed, and 14% were attending graduate school. Figures are based on 73% of the 403 members of the class reporting.
A survey of recent graduates shows they secured jobs at a range of companies, including IBM, Medline Industries, Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital, and the United States House of Representatives. Others attended a variety of graduate schools, including The College of William and Mary, Northwestern University, and the University of Chicago.
The College’s Career Advancement Center (CAC) collects information on through its Post-Graduate Survey and helps prepare current students for life after graduation. In a typical year, over half of the student body attends a career advising appointment and/or attends a career preparation event hosted by the CAC.