- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29737___img_2920.rev.1453218166.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
Transfer Application Instructions
It’s easy to transfer to Lake Forest College by following the instructions below. Schedule a personal visit to campus or choose the option of scheduling an on-site admission day to receive an admission decision on the same day.
- Apply for free using either the Lake Forest Transfer Application or the Transfer Common Application (open for Fall and Spring 2019)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Official secondary school transcript
One professor or secondary school teacher recommendation
(Transfers with fewer than 30 college semester hours may submit a secondary school teacher recommendation)
- Interview with an admissions counselor. Schedule your visit.
Lake Forest College
Office of Admissions
555 N. Sheridan Rd
Lake Forest, IL 60045
Via fax: 847-735-6271
Via email: email@example.com
Are you the right fit?
We look forward to helping you decide if Lake Forest is the right fit for you. Basically, here’s what we look for from you:
We require transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended, as well as your high school transcript. A final transcript is required at the completion of the term. In most cases, you should have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for consideration. Applicants wishing to major in business/economics, education, or communication are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for consideration, and require approval by the chair of the department.
Letters of recommendation
If you have more than 30 semester hours (44 quarter hours), you are required to submit a letter of recommendation from a professor at your most recent college. If you have completed fewer than 30 semester hours, you may submit a secondary school teacher recommendation.
As a transfer student an interview is required. This is a conversation about your goals, as well as what you value in an education. We see the interview as an opportunity to “lift yourself off the page” and get beyond just the statistics and test scores.
Standardized test scores
We accept both the ACT and the SAT, and take the best sub-scores to compile a composite score. You may choose not to submit your scores as part of our test-optional admissions policy. International students are required to submit ACT, SAT, TOEFL or IELTS scores. International students who are studying at an English language based institution and have completed a minimum of one semester of college credit are not required to submit test scores.
Lake Forest College ACT code: 1054
Lake Forest College SAT and TOEFL code: 1392
International transfer students
You are required to submit a TOEFL score. We require a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based exam, 220 on the computer-based exam or an 83 on the ibt. In lieu of the TOEFL score, international students may submit a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS.
Veterans and service members
Lake Forest College values our current veterans and service members and is supportive of those who wish to begin or complete their education with us. Click here for information about financial aid available to veterans and their dependents. Please contact the Office of Admissions for assistance.
You must be eligible to return to your previous institution. Otherwise, you must wait at least six months before we can consider your application. If you have been dismissed from a college or university more than once, you will not be eligible for admission at Lake Forest College.
Ready to apply? Click here. We’re excited to hear from you!