The medical school acceptance rate of Lake Forest graduates is significantly higher than the national average. Graduates of our Pre-Health programs go on to advanced study at top programs including Columbia University, Stanford University, Northwestern University, and the University of California San Diego.
Advising for Pre-Health students is designed for all majors – but students most often come from Biology, Chemistry, Neuroscience, Psychology, Physics, or Mathematics. Pre-Health Advising assists students who are interested in entering programs in the health professions, including medical and dental school, nursing school, pharmacy school, physical therapy training.
Goals of Pre-Health Advising are to:
- advise appropriate course selection and sequence of courses
- aid in assessing student’s progress toward professional school goals
- provide information about professional school requirements and admission criteria
- assist students in selecting schools and in the application process, including writing a cover or committee letter
- provide information and assistance regarding standardized tests