The medical school acceptance rate of Lake Forest graduates is significantly higher than the national average. Graduates of our Pre-Health programs go on to advanced study at top programs including Columbia University, Stanford University, Northwestern University, and the University of California San Diego.
Advising for Pre-Health students is designed for all majors – but students most often come from Biology, Chemistry, Neuroscience, Psychology, Physics, or Mathematics. The Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) assists students who are interested in entering programs in the health professions, including medical and dental school, nursing school, pharmacy school, physical therapy training.
HPAC goals of pre-health advising are to:
- advise appropriate course selection and sequence of courses
- aid in assessing student’s progress toward professional school goals
- provide information about professional school requirements and admission criteria
- assist students in selecting schools and in the application process, including writing a cover or committee letter
- provide information and assistance regarding standardized tests