- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/64/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29926_pre_health_header.rev.1450299900.png)"/>
The medical school acceptance rate of Lake Forest graduates is roughly 85%, two times the national average. Graduates of our Pre-Health programs go on to advanced study at top programs including Columbia University, Stanford University, Northwestern University, and the University of California San Diego.
Advising for Pre-Health students is designed for all majors – but students most often major in Biology, Chemistry, Neuroscience, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Psychology, Physics, or Mathematics. Pre-Health Advising assists students who are interested in entering programs in the health professions, including medical and dental school, nursing school, pharmacy school, physical therapy training.
Goals of Pre-Health Advising are to:
- advise appropriate course selection and sequence of courses
- aid in assessing student’s progress toward professional school goals
- provide information about professional school requirements and admission criteria
- assist students in selecting schools and in the application process, including writing a cover or committee letter
- provide information and assistance regarding standardized tests
Tylenol recently awarded Natalie Kukulka ’13 a $10,000 scholarship for her devotion to academic excellence, exemplary leadership, and community engagement.
Chisomo Mwale ’19 received a 2018 Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience travel grant to present her senior project research on Parkinson’s disease at the Society for Neuroscience Meeting in San Diego, November 3–7.
With the publication of their paper “Algal Bloom Expansion Increases Cyanotoxin Risk in Food” in the Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine, rising juniors Niam Abeysiriwardena ’20 and Sam Gascoigne ’20 became published first-authors and co-authors, respectively.
- <span class="lw_profiles_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/profiles/815-"><img src="/live/image/gid/10/width/242/height/242/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1536,2048/29844_indoor_soccer.rev.1449867758.jpg" alt="Michael Peters ’17" title="Michael Peters ’17" class="lw_image" width="242" height="242" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/10/width/242/height/242/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1536,2048/29844_indoor_soccer.rev.1449867758.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/10/width/242/height/242/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1536,2048/29844_indoor_soccer.rev.1449867758.jpg 3x" data-max-w="1536" data-max-h="2048"/></a></span></span><div class="quote"><p> “The relationships that I have built while at Lake Forest College are <em>irreplaceable.</em>”</p></div><a class="recruit-link" href="/live/profiles/815-">Michael is a Midwest Conference All-Academic Athlete and loves spending time on the indoor soccer turf.</a>