- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/136/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29921_music_education.rev.1450299728.png)"/>
Student Learning Outcomes
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Music Education Program are:
1. The music education major will be able to demonstrate use of the vocabulary of music and education in a pedagogical setting.
2. The music education major will be able to apply the knowledge and skills necessary to create, perform, and improvise music.
3. The music education major will be able to apply pedagogical knowledge and skills appropriate to the teaching of music, including issues of diversity, gender equity, and the needs of wide-ranging student abilities.
4. The music education major will be able to demonstrate skills teaching in a wide variety of musical contexts including traditional ensembles (bands, choirs, and orchestras), as well as emerging areas of music education including popular music and other forms of vernacular musicianship.
5. The music education major will meet the standards articulated in the Illinois State Board of Education’s standards, including the Illinois Professional Teaching Standards and Music Content Area Standards.