- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/167/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29919_museum_studies.rev.1450299656.png)"/>
Student Learning Outcomes
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Museum Studies Program are:
1. The Museum Studies minor will demonstrate a critical awareness of how museums communicate complex ideas to a general audience.
2. The Museum Studies minor will demonstrate understanding about the nature and work performed in Museums in a paper or presentation that directly evaluates key aspects of Museum operations, such as collection management, development, museum education, visitor services, etc.
3. The Museum Studies minor will demonstrate insight into the role of museums in culture, for example, as institutions embedded in historical contexts and as sites of cultural production.
4. The Museum Studies minor will demonstrate research skills that focus on objects or things preserved in Museum collections.