- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/54/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29895_mathematics_header.rev.1450297934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/54/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29894_computer_science_header.rev.1450297918.png)"/>
Data Science, Math, Computer Science
Student Learning Outcomes
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Data Science Department are:
1. Effectively use statistics, computing technology, and computational methods to summarize and analyze various types of data.
2. Communicate the rationale and results of their data analytic work in a clear and effective manner.
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Mathematics Department are:
1. A mathematics major will be able to use mathematics as a tool to describe and solve real-world problems.
2. A mathematics major will demonstrate proficiency with the fundamental rules of logic and proof technique as well as the basic tenets of calculus, linear algebra, abstract algebra, and real analysis.
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Computer Science Department are:
1. A computer science major will be able to demonstrate both the practical and theoretical aspects of computing.
2. A computer science major will demonstrate proficiency with computer programming, problem solving, and design and analysis of computational algorithms, while utilizing current technologies and methodologies.