- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/57/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29918_mll2.rev.1450299632.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/57/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29917_mll.rev.1450299631.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/57/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/28075_imgp8377.rev.1443714354.jpg)"/>
Modern Languages and Literatures
Student Learning Outcomes
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Modern Languages and Literatures Department are:
1. French and Spanish majors will be able to demonstrate oral proficiency at the high intermediate level or above (as defined by ACTFL guidelines) and able to articulate grammatically correct and phonetically understandable French/Spanish at the required level.
2. French and Spanish majors will be able to demonstrate written proficiency to articulate their ideas in standard written French/Spanish and at the high intermediate level or above (as defined by ACTFL guidelines).
3. French and Spanish majors will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the literatures related to target languages, the skills of literary analysis and critical thinking about texts, reading for comprehension, critical reflection and textual analysis, and be able to analyze and defend their analysis.
4. French and Spanish majors will demonstrate knowledge of major literary genres, movements, textual themes, author’s style and contributions, and critical vocabulary for the study of literature.
5. French and Spanish majors will reflect understanding of target cultures related to the language studied. This will include demonstrating knowledge of cultural norms and differences, historical, social, economic, political, artistic expression or other aspects of culture.