- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/27/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29898_education.rev.1450298068.png)"/>
Student Learning Outcomes
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Education Department are:
1. The education major (teacher candidate) will demonstrate professional characteristics, responsive teaching practices, resourcefulness, teacher efficacy, and reflective capacities as these are described specifically in the Education Department’s document entitled “Identifying Dispositions of a Lake Forest College Educated Teacher”.
2. The education major (teacher candidate) will meet all standards articulated for effective beginning teaching in the areas of planning, instructional delivery and assessment in each candidate’s respective discipline (e.g., social science, chemistry, elementary education, etc.).
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Educational Studies Program are:
1. The educational studies minor will demonstrate an understanding of educational issues related to social justice and human rights, political ideology and power structures, economics, cultural perspectives, gender issues, urban studies, and global citizenship.
2. The educational studies minor will demonstrate an ability to critically analyze the purposes of education and understand how these are or are not actualized both in the United States and on a more global level.