- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/21/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29891_chemistry_2_header.rev.1450297798.png)"/>
Student Learning Outcomes
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Chemistry Department are:
1. The chemistry major will be able to demonstrate the ability to define problems clearly, develop testable hypotheses, design and execute experiments, analyze data using appropriate statistical methods, and draw appropriate conclusions.
2. The chemistry major will demonstrate appropriate laboratory skills and use of instrumentation to solve problems, while understanding the fundamental uncertainties in experimental measurements and practicing good laboratory safety procedures.
3. The chemistry major will demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and in writing for scientific presentation.
4. The chemistry major will demonstrate ability to work in groups and learn to conduct themselves responsibly as experimentalists with respect to ethics.