- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
Think with Purpose
Think for yourself. That’s what the College’s mission statement encourages students to do. Our campus culture promotes learning that transforms the whole person: mind, body, and spirit.
Lake Forest College students will, as a part of their co-curricular experiences, learn to apply critical reasoning and logic to a variety of situations related to their development outside of the classroom. Students will learn to think for themselves in careful and creative ways, taking responsibility for their thought processes and the outcome of decisions related to their thinking, as well as to think about the implications and outcomes of their actions within the immediate, societal, and global community.
- Analyze personal, interpersonal, and community dynamics in order to understand relational and systemic situations
- Interpret information and circumstances involved in interpersonal interactions and draw objective conclusions regarding interpersonal dynamics
- Demonstrate thoughtful, sensitive, and respectful reactions to personal, interpersonal, and community dynamics
- Reflect upon reactions to personal, interpersonal, and community dynamics to assess the effectiveness of personal reactions
- Apply personal knowledge and experience to personal, academic, and career choices, and evaluate the effectiveness of those choices