- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
The athletics department offers a suite of intramurals and club sports for students who thrive on competition and the spirit of team and victory.
Club sports provide students with the opportunity to stay physically active and competitive at an intercollegiate level. Students of all talent and experience levels are eligible and encouraged to participate in or programs, ranging from archery to ultimate frisbee.
The intramural program aims to offer a variety of activities to develop teamwork, leadership, sportsmanship and relationships among students, faculty, and staff, regardless of skill or ability. Programs include three-on-three basketball, indoor soccer, volleyball, and Ping Pong. Most match-ups take place in the Sports & Recreation Center.
2016-2017 Intramural Champions
Photos from Ry’s Run held April 12th 2016 in honor of Ry McCarthy, a goalie on the Forester women’s hockey team who lost her courageous battle with cancer the summer of 2009. Proceeds from this fun run go to the College’s Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society.
On Tuesday, April 14, 2015, the Lake Forest College Athletics Department hosted its 6th Annual Ry’s Run on South Campus. Over 100 faculty, staff, and students participated in the annual event which honors Ry McCarthy, a goaltender on the women’s hockey team who passed away from cancer. Proceeds from the event went to the College’s Relay for Life event.
On Tuesday, April 15, members of the Lake Forest College community participated in the 5th Annual Ry’s (Color) Run in honor of former women’s hockey player Ry McCarthy, who lost her battle with cancer on July 28, 2009. The money raised from the event was donated to the College’s Relay for Life efforts.
Lake Forest College Intramural Champions from 2013-14
Event and League Champions from the 2012-2013 Intramural Sports Season
Wow, what a (Color) Run! We had a great turnout for the 4th Annual Ry’s Run on Tuesday, April 16 with 168 total runners that included faculty, staff and students as well as Ry McCarthy’s family members. Solo and relay runners were splashed with pink, green, blue, yellow, orange and purple as they passed by the color station. All proceeds from the event were donated to the American Cancer Society and the College’s Relay for Life event on Friday, April 19.