- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Recreation, Fitness & Wellbeing
Live in balance at Lake Forest College. Take advantage of our recreation, fitness, and wellbeing programs and services.
Break a sweat with friends on the basketball court in our state-of-the-art Sports & Recreation Center, or slow down, take a breath, and examine your inner peace during a 90-minute yoga class. The Forester Fitness Team is here to help you keep pace with life’s demands.
Recreation, Fitness & Wellbeing News
Check out the spring 2017 schedule for student fitness classes!
Challenge yourself in the new year.
The Chicago Tribune interviewed two Lake Forest students for an article on a women’s self-defense course offered at the Lake Forest Police Department.
More than 100 students volunteered at the Area 13 Special Olympics Aquatics Meet at the Sports and Recreation Center on March 19. Click here for more photos.
Lake Forest College proudly participated in the 30th annual National Girls and Women in Sports Day on Sunday, February 21. Forester athletes spent the afternoon working with young women ages 6-14 on volleyball, running, basketball, tennis, soccer, and cheerleading.
This year’s Relay for Life had 34 teams and more than 500 students at the event, which raised $35,500 for the American Cancer Society.
The Lake Forest College Athletics Department hosted its 6th Annual Ry’s Run on South Campus on Tuesday, April 14. Over 100 faculty and staff participated in the annual event which honors Ry McCarthy, a goaltender on the women’s hockey team who passed away from cancer. Proceeds from the event went to the College’s Relay for Life event.
New videos capture the liveliness of two annual events that took place the week of April 15: Ry’s Run, sponsored by Athletics, and Relay For Life. Both raised money for the American Cancer Society, which supports research, patient services, early detection, treatment, and education.
The Forester Fitness team launched a program this week to help students, faculty, and staff achieve their wellness-related New Year’s resolutions and get ready for spring break.