- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
North Chicago Community Partners Program
The College is part of an inspiring collaboration with the Gorter Family Foundation to help achieve broad, long-term community improvements in nearby North Chicago. Called North Chicago Community Partners (NCCP), the collaboration is working in and with North Chicago public schools and has already produced valuable results.
Lake Forest College students travel to elementary schools in North Chicago twice a month. This after school volunteer program is made up of different groups of students every week. Volunteer with a group of friends or a student organization to mentor children and lead educational and athletic activities. Transportation is provided for the Thursday trips, which leave campus at 2:30 p.m. and return at 5:15 p.m.
The committee meets with the NCCP leadership team. If you would like to learn more about our collaboration, register your class or organization, or individually volunteer your services, please contact the Gates Center for Leadership and Personal Growth at firstname.lastname@example.org.